Cupcake Pricing...

Decorating By Howiesmom Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 3:20am by HerBoudoir

Howiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Howiesmom Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:18am
post #1 of 8

I have done SOOOO many cakes for customers and seem to have the pricing perfect for regular cakes. I received my first order for cupcakes today. I have no idea how to price them. Can I get some ideas from y'all as to your cupcake prices?

7 replies
lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:25am
post #2 of 8

I think 1.50 ea should be the cheapest up to 3.50. Definitely depends on the details. Hope this helps.

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:26am
post #3 of 8

usually between $ 2-4 for cupackes.. depending how they're decorated... hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:27am
post #4 of 8

I would say the same you charge per serving of cake.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:27am
post #5 of 8

I would say the same you charge per serving of cake.

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:30am
post #6 of 8

I agree with the above posts........depending on the amount of detail. Don't underestimate the amount of work for each one. It is a serving of cake. Good Luck!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 8

ditto...whatever you charge for a slice of cake, that's a cupcake price. Add extra decoration and filling costs and extra for the amount of time you will handle these precious creations!

Paula

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:20am
post #8 of 8

Ingredients-wise, a standard cake recipe that would normally make 2 8 inch layers makes 24 standard size cupcakes. You'll need at least 1 1/2 times as much buttercream and filling to as much as double the quantity. Time can be approximately as much as it takes to make that 8 inch cake to much more, depending on complexity.

So yes...I think in the $2-$4 range (and up if they are very elaborate) is appropriate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%