What A Disaster!!

Decorating By nancylynwallace Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm by nancylynwallace

nancylynwallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylynwallace Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 11:54am
post #1 of 6

I decided to do a cake for my friends at work. I have made several and each have turned out beautifully. This time, I decided to experiment on different leaf types. I guess that I didn't know when to stop and now the cake looks like crap! My husband is my biggest cheerleader and when I showed it to him, he hesitated for a few seconds and said "It looks alright". I know that he was trying not to hurt my feelings. I am taking it in to work anyway and hopefully will taste better than it looks. Thanks for letting me vent!

icon_cry.gif
Nancy

5 replies
poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 6

I'm sure it will be a hit. Everyone loves homemade cakes.

I'm guilty of going overboard sometimes too. Trying to learn 'less' is 'more' and it's so hard sometimes.

Keep at it!!! icon_wink.gif

nancylynwallace Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for giving me support!! icon_rolleyes.gif It is really hard to get into my thick head that less is more!! I feel better now.

Nancy

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

Totally agree with poshcakedesigns!!

Everyone loves sweets period and homemade is just the whole lot sweeter! (pun not intended icon_wink.gif

ANyway, take it as a lesson. Better you learn with your friends than with a paying a customer!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with ccr03, better with friends than customers. I struggle with "less is more" too. *sigh* Maybe I'll get it one day!

nancylynwallace Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 6

You guys are the greatest!! thumbs_up.gif I feel MUCH MUCH better now! You are right, they loved it! I'm glad that it was for my friends and not one of my paying customers...that would have been a freebie!!

icon_biggrin.gif
Nancy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%