New Business Finally But Closed Because Too Demanding

Business By Mnhreams Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 11:35pm by loriemoms

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:49pm
post #31 of 40

Hooray for us stay at home Moms! I have to admit I would rather be making cakes A LOT of the time but a cake is lacking the most important ingredient that would determine its priority over my kids...a soul! Molding a child is ARTWORK, and our "art" is truly eternal ...better than the most perfect Colette cake, bette than Shakespeare even. Whether it is cake or kids we are artists no matter which craft we are doing. Giving up the cake temporarily is a sacrifice that your kids will only benefit from. I know that I am itching to perfect the cake craft and move on to my own business but I just keep telling myself that the job I am doing now is too important to do halfway. (My kids are 7,5,4,3,1.5 and I am expecting #6!)

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:04pm
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyladi

I feel like I'm 40 and too old to start all over!

Oh no no no no no!!!! icon_surprised.gif

I will be 50 years old in January and I feel like I'm starting the prime of my life! I've never had so much fun! It's a new adventure every single day!

40 too old? HOney, you're just surfacing the crest of life! Do it to it and do it today!!!! party.gif

Julia Child was in her mid-forties when she took her first cooking class..it's never to late!!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:44pm
post #33 of 40

What is optimism? The 92 year-old woman who bought a new set of golf clubs (an aquaintance of my parents). I think of her when I start thinking I'm "too old". My twins are in college, and I couldn't be more proud of them or be more thankful that I was there for them during their formative years. There will plenty of time to realize your dream...just don't give up or tell yourself you're too old! I'm starting my own business, and while scary, it's exciting too. And my sons are my biggest supporters.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrylady

Julia Child was in her mid-forties when she took her first cooking class..it's never to late!!!!

Clara Peller ("Where's the beef!?") was 81 when she made that commercial.

Grandma Moses, famous American artist, started painting in her 70's.

Foster Brooks was in his 50's when he went to Hollywood to start his career.

Dennis Farina (Law and Order fame) was 38 before he got his first film role in 1981. He didn't hit Law and Order fame until 2004, at the age of 60.

Rodney Dangerfield was in his forties ... and an aluminum siding salesman .... when he got his first big break.

Henry Ford was 38 years old when he formed Ford Motor Company.

Laura Ingalls Wilder (Author of Little House on the Prairie books) was 44 before she got her first writing job with a magazine.

No..... it's never too late. I think this list shows you CAN have it all and at your own pace!! thumbs_up.gif

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:32am
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegWinn

My kids are 7,5,4,3,1.5 and I am expecting #6!

and you get time on the computer? Well done!

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:53am
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastryjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegWinn

My kids are 7,5,4,3,1.5 and I am expecting #6!

and you get time on the computer? Well done!

Thank goodness for the occasional PBS Sesame Street and naptime!

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:49pm
post #37 of 40

So sorry I missed the rest of these posts! I had to run errands so I missed all the great posts.
To the OP, good luck and enjoy those kids! Take time with them and teach them your skills, then when you do start up again you have a future work force! LOL.
To everyone else, esp. Indydebi, those were great inspirations of people who didn't let a age number stop them. Thanks, I was having a down day and needed that! thumbs_up.gif

Mnhreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mnhreams Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #38 of 40

I was crying from all of your posts. Thank you so much for caring. My family thought I would never make it and I really don't care what they think anymore. Thanks again for all of your wonderful sotries of encoragement. You are a blessing.

lanuevarepostera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanuevarepostera Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:51pm
post #39 of 40

hey that is not a failure....i think its more important your childrens because this days are not easy for them....so i think you did right

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:35pm
post #40 of 40

You did the right thing....enjoy your kids now! When they grow up, you can go back to your dream and do your bakery! (I didnt start my bakery till I was 48 years old!) They grow up VERY fast!!! And you will be glad you were there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%