Cake Business Forms And Software.

Business By lovetofrost Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 12:37am by QueenBee1

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:06am
post #1 of 6

I am looking for some advice. I just started my new business and while I don't have my first paying customer yet, I'm sure I will soon and want to make sure I am prepared and do things right from the get go. What are your procedures for selling cakes as far as contracts, receipts, bookkeeping and invoicing. Do you use some kind of software? I was trying to find this info in the forums and most of them are gone. Thanks for your help and God Bless.

5 replies
Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:43am
post #2 of 6

Cake Boss is the way to go. www.cakeboss.com

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 6

I use MS Accounting Express 2008 - it's completely free.

I thought about getting Cakeboss, but I didn't have the $$ so I tried out MS and I love it. I don't use about 75% of the stuff, but it has a a one-click step to convert a quote to an invoice and then to a payment received. I really like it.

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 6

I've never heard of MS Accounting Express before. Where can you get it? I would be really interested in finding out more information.Thanks in advance.

onemissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onemissa Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 6

I've never heard of MS Accounting Express before. Where can you get it? I would be really interested in finding out more information.Thanks in advance.

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:37am
post #6 of 6

I googled MS Accounting Express and found a link to download it free. Here it is:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/accountingexpress/FX101729681033.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%