I have a request for Italian Cream Cake. They werent exactly sure what it was but knew it had pineapple and pecans in it? I havent heard of this any ideas and or recipes? Thanks!
To me an Italian Cream cake is coconut and pecans.
They may be thinking about the Hummingbird Cake. It is rich like the Italian Cream Cake and contains pineapple and pecans.
This is the recipe I use for Italian Cream Cake except I use a different frosting recipe, but anyone who has ever tried it, has absolutely loved it!
Italian Cream Cake
A sprinkle of toasted pecans between the layers adds just the right amount of crunch.
Prep: 1 hour
Bake: 25 minutes
Oven: 350 degrees F
Cool: 1 hour
Makes: 16 servings
Â½ cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Â½ cup shortening
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1 cup flaked coconut
Â½ cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting
Â¾ cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Separate eggs. Allow egg yolks, egg whites, and butter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour three 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans; set pans aside. In a medium bowl combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
2. Preheat over to 350ÂºF. In an extra-large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until well combined. Add the egg yolks and vanilla; beat on medium speed until combined. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Fold in coconut and the Â½ cup finely chopped pecans.
3. Thoroughly wash the beaters. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks from. Fold about one-third of the egg whites into cake batter to lighten. Fold in remaining whites. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pans.
4. Bake about 25 minutes for 9-inch pans, about 35 minutes for 8-inch pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
5. Place one cake layer, bottom side up, on serving plate. Spread with about Â½ cup Cream Cheese Frosting; sprinkle with Â¼ cup pecans. Top with second cake layer, rounded side up. Spread with Â½ cup frosting and sprinkle with Â½ cup nuts. Place the remaining cake layer on top, rounded side up; spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Press remaining nuts into frosting around side of cake. Store cake in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Start to finish: 20 minutes Makes: about 3Â¾ cups
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
Â½ cup butter softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
5Â½ to 6 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency. This frosts tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers. (Halve the recipe to frost a 13x9x2-inch cake.) Cover and store the frosted cake in refrigerator.
Hope this helps!
Sounds nummy, Ill see if they meant that or the hummingbird cake. Thank you for sharing that recipe. If thats not what they want, I know someone who will hehe. Thank you again guys