Thank You For The Member Who Helped Me..

Decorating By marion123 Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm by kwdonlon

marion123 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 20

Hi Eveyrone, I wanted to Thank the member (I'm so sorry, I can't find my old posts) who gave me the great filling recipe. It has Whipping Cream, Vanilla Dry Pudding Mix and Crushed Oreo's.
I have been using it in all of my cakes, since everyone loves it..I'm making 2 more cakes in the next month and they both want the Oreo filling..

thank you so much for the receipe!!!

I would be lost without all of you!!!
Carissa

19 replies
kettlevalleygirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 20

Sounds delicious, could you print up the recipe??
Please???

rezzygirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 20

Sounds like a delicious filling!! Pleeeeeeeeze share!!

marion123 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 20

I have the recipe at home, I'll post it as soon as I get home.. It is so easy and everyone loves it!!

kettlevalleygirl Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 20

Thank you, can taste it already!!

marion123 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:56am
post #6 of 20

Here it is..

1 cup of Whipping Cream
1 package of dry instant pudding mix ( 4 cup serving)
8 - 10 crused oreo's

Whip the cream and the pudding mix togther to the right fluffy consticeney (spelling??)
Gently fold in the crushed oreo's.

That's it.. Now I found a package of JELLO instant French Vanilla pudding mix and I made it with the oreo's and it was a big hit. I'm sure that you can mix up the jello and the cookies flavors.
I was thinking about using the whipping cream, cho, pudding and instead of cookies, put in cho. chips. Do you think that taste good?

kettlevalleygirl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 20

Yes, that sounds delicious!!
Thank you, will try it next week!

Donnagardner Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:25pm
post #8 of 20

does this filling have to br refrigerated? It sounds yummy.

karapags Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:26pm
post #9 of 20

Thanks so sharing. Sounds yummy! Have to try it!

Kara

MessiET Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 20

Sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing.

hwnhulahands Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:32pm
post #11 of 20

Thanks for the recipe

Charmaine49 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:38pm
post #12 of 20

Also need to give this a try will let you all know what I think of it
when I have made it.

Thanks for the recipe

lanuevarepostera Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #13 of 20

THAT SOUND DELICIOUS I WILL TRY IT TOOO....THANKSSS FOR SHARING

marion123 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #14 of 20

yes, it has to be put in the refrigerator?
One quick thing, which I'm sure you guys already know, but I learned it the hard way.. The first time I made it, I over beated the whipping cream, so it turned all liquid in the cake and yucky.. then my co - worker told me that once it gets "fluffy" to stop beating it with the mixer..

Does anyone have a good strawberry filling receipe that they can give me? I would like to use fresh strawberry's but I'm afriad that the strawberries will go through the cake mix.. The liquid part..

lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:20pm
post #15 of 20

that sounds yummy. I can't wait to try it out as well as some other combinations. i heard to put a layer of frosting or whatever, then fruit, then frosting to seal in the juices.

bakincakin Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #16 of 20

Sounds yummy. Will have to give this a try.

marion123 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:30pm
post #17 of 20

I have at home from one of the old post, a list of different fillings and frostings combo's... I was trying to find it on the old post, but I couldn't. I'll be more than happy to scan and email it you guys for your review.. It's so good and it's from one of the members here. I just printed the post.

She has so many great combo's..I'm still trying to try something different since I am still so new at making cakes. Do I need her permission to do email first? - What's the rule?

Just email me and I'll do it on Monday (I'm at work now and I don't have it here)

CelebrationCakery Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #18 of 20

I just checked the recipes...it is not in there...maybe if whoever gave it to you reads the thread they can post it in the recipes for all....it sounds wonderful

gacandle Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:39pm
post #19 of 20

thank you so much for sharing that sounds so good i may have to break down and make a cake for my own family to try it. DH complains all the time that we have cake in the house but he can't touch it, so i guess i will make one for him. thanks again thumbs_up.gif

kwdonlon Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #20 of 20

Carissa,

I'd love the see the flavor combos, too. Since you're trying to find out who gave the recipe to you, maybe you could do a post with a more defined Subject: line. "Thank you to the member that helped me" is a little generic.

Maybe try something more specific along the line of "Did You Create The Whipped Cream Oreo Filling?"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%