Cake Flavor And Filling Idea Help

Decorating By mrsw Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 7:02pm by Arriva

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 7

Okay so I have three cakes due next week for a combined birthday party. One child wants Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate
One child wants White cake, Cookies/Cream filling, Chocolate B/C
The last child White cake,?????, with B/C icing

What should I fill the last cake with?!? I am drawing such a brain cloud of a blank and when I try to look up previous posts well they have all disappeared since the upgrade icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif If someone/anyone can help me thanks. If you just want to put in your two cents on the best combos thanks. Either way Thanks CC

6 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 7

Well it depends on what the child likes. Most kids love chocolate or other really sweet fillings. So you could do a white chocolate ganache or another CCer said they do a peanut butter mousse filling, yum! And actually, you could do another cookies and cream filling and just use a different cookie. I've used golden oreos, thin mints, and those lemon cream cookies from the girl scouts (that one is great in lemon cake with lemon bc btw icon_smile.gif )

mosweettreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mosweettreats Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 7

I have to do a White cake this weekend for my sister's b-day and I am making a Fresh Strawberry & Cream Filling or I have bought a Strawberry Glaze filling (from the cake store) to fill a white cake. Or lemon, pinneapple and Bavarian Cream is great with any cake.
Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 7

Just a thought - many children have peanut allergies so I would probably stay away from chocolate peanut butter filling, things like that.

I would keep it simple - chocolate with chocolate buttercream filling, white cake with regular "white/vanilla" BC as filling then white cake with cookies n cream filling. There is a super easy and yummy cookies n cream filling in the CC receipe section under "fillings".

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:26am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

Just a thought - many children have peanut allergies

That is very true, nowadays kids are allergic to EVERYTHING...but that PB filling sounds soo yummy icon_lol.gif

mrsw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsw Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you thank you all!!!! I was having such a brain melt down on this last cake. I was thinking about the peanut butter but nixed it b/c of the allergy thing. One of my kids is allergic so it is handled in our house with kid gloves on a minimal basis if at all, which is a bummer for DH he loves pb.

Anyway, thank you to all who posted. It will definitely help with the third cake. I just wanted to give the kids a choice. CC so rocks! thumbs_up.gif

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 7

I'm glad someone mentioned the peanut allergies -- I wouldn't have thought of that. This post made me VERY hungry. They all sounded good to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%