Cake Ball Question And Recipe

Decorating By Cookies4kids Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm by wolfley29

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:35am
post #1 of 5

When you make cake balls, should the consistancy be like playdoh or should it have more texture to it. I have posted a recipe to share with all of you who have shared so many with me. It is for a Dark Chocolate Banana Nut cake that makes terrific Cake Balls. I used melted peanut butter for the binder and they are really good. I am also wondering what everyone charges when you sell these things. Mine measure 1 oz. each before they are coated with chocolate. Thanks again for the help.
Lily

4 replies
Ellistwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellistwins Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 5

Your recipe sounds yummy. I have used several consistancys, depending whether i'm using cake or dried crumbs.

My cakeballs is 10g (don't know how to convert it) but 1oz equals about 30g. I charge ZAR2,50 each and when I quote for a truffle tower I quote ZAR7,50 per person. That then covers everything and the profit

I don't know if i'm right, or silly, but that works for me. Making cakeballs is hard work especially in summer and a mission, so I don't feel like doing it for charity.

jack109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jack109 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 5

lilybird your recipe for Dark Chocolate Banana Nut cake sounds yummy, but I have searched for it and can't find it. Can you post it here or pm me with it?
Thanks
Kim

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 5

my cake balls are the size of a normal choc. truffle....they fit nicely into the mini muffin liners and I charge $4.00/dozen

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 5

I will definetely have to try the recipe when I get to GA.

As for the consistency, I usually have a playdoh feel to mine. It is hard to explain, but I add just a little liquid at a time, until the mixture is not sticking to the gloves (I mix it by hand).

And as for price, I measure my minis at 1/2 tblsp and charge $12 for 2 dozen. My large ones measure at 1 tblsp and those sell for $12 for 1 dozen.

Now, my prices were set for Alaska, so I am not sure if they will be going down or up for Georgia or not. A lot will have to depend on gas prices too. I hope that this helps you. These cake truffles are a big hit with my business, have people wanting me to ship them back to Alaska, lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%