Spanx Cake

Decorating By ruthberry Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 12:55am by CambriasCakes

ruthberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthberry Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 10

okay, no one's looking at my cake.

take a peek. spanx cake:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1205118#next

9 replies
JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 10

Thanks for sharing. I so was expecting to see a pair of Spanx! icon_lol.gif

daneza75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daneza75 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 10

This is a GORGEOUS design, but I see what you mean! Awesome that you're able to laugh at yourself though!

I've had this happen, and it's almost ALWAYS due to the fact that the filling was too runny and that I didn't let the cake set up enough first.

Now, I use the good old Wilton method of filling (BC dam, with filling in the middle) and then crumb coat the cake and put it in the fridge for a LONG time... sometimes overnight. That way, if the cake is going to settle, it will do it before the fondant goes on. Then, you cover the cake with more BC to even out any of those "sags" that may have popped up, then refrigerate MORE, another hour or two. Try not to cover a cake with fondant until the cake has been covered in BC (or ganache) and has chilled thoroughly.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 10

what does "spanx" cake mean? icon_confused.gif

misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 10

Too funny!!! I was just talking to one of my girl friends about spanx 2 nights ago...

Hey indydebi - they are undergarments that smooth everything out ... www.spanx.com

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 10

indydebi... She means the cake has bulges, and needs to be sucked in ! ( in older days a girdle ) Spanx suck you in and hide all of that !

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 10

LOL Debi Spanx is an undergarment that smooths out the bulges we don't like to look at clothed or unclothed. Ruth is saying the bulges in her cake need Spanx.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:08pm
post #8 of 10

OHHHHH! You mean a GIRDLE cake! Well, why didn't you young whippersnappers say so!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You can't imagine what perverted thing *I* was thinking of!! icon_redface.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 10

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I knew you would understand GIRDLE ! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif How funny ! And get those nasty thoughts out of your mind ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You really do learn new things on CC! thumbs_up.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 12:55am
post #10 of 10

I wish it were only that my cakes needed Spanx instead of ME!!! I have serious cake bulge........!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%