Shamrock Pan Uses...

Decorating By lovetofrost Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 1:20pm by lovetofrost

lovetofrost Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 8

I bought the shamrock cake pan on sale at hobby lobby for 80% off but would like to use it for more than once a year. Anyone have any ideas or used this pan for something other than st. patricks day?

7 replies
Petit-four Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 8

You could probably decorate it to look like an informal bouquet of flowers (like the lobes are several daisies each, the stem is a bunch of stems, with a bow tied around them). I'd imagine that might work for most birthdays.

lovetofrost Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the great idea. I plan on trying it around mothers day.

Petit-four Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 8

I bet it will turn out great -- hope you consider posting a photo! icon_smile.gif

endymion Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 8

Maybe you could do a cluster of heart-shaped balloons for Valentine's Day?

Or a (larger) cluster of regular balloons for birthdays?

Might even work as a seated teddy bear for baby showers if you cut a little off the stem and tucked it into the crevices to make the bottom more straight across -- then the middle leaf would be the bear's head and each of the side leaves could be an arm and a leg....?

endymion Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 8

Okay -- just thought of a couple more (I often have TOO MANY ideas, which is one of my problems!!!!)

How about a cross for Easter or First Communion -- you could use the wider leaf-areas to decorate the cross with flowers or leaves, etc.

And for Academy Awards parties -- you could make the stem into the base of the Oscar statuette, and then have a scalloped, swagged "stage" area behind the statue.

endymion Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 8

See, once I get started I really cannot stop! icon_biggrin.gif

How about a ballerina tutu? (Top leaf is the bodice, and the rest is the skirt.)

Or an angel? Turn it upside-down and make the angel's head with halo in the stem area, two side leaves as wings, and middle leaf as skirt.

lovetofrost Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:20pm
post #8 of 8

wow endymion. thanks for the great ideas. this is exactly what i was looking for when i posted this. who knows, with all those ideas, maybe my shamrock pan will be my most used one now.icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%