How Much Would You Charge For This Bouquet?

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm by jennbryanfrank

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 10

I can't get the picture to post, so please look here to see what I am talking about: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1205045

I have 13 NFSC with RBC. Around $5 for the supplies used to put the bouquet together. Never done a bouquet of this size and at a loss on what to charge. Would appreciate some feedback!

9 replies
cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 10

For loose cookies I charge $3 each. If this is for family, you could charge for supplies and then something like the $3 for each cookie. Somewhere in the range of $50. Depending on complexity and design, you could see prices go much higher for 13 cookies in a bouquet. I don't know where you live, but that's just an idea for you.

dessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessert1st Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 10

Wow, you did a great job. I made my first bouquets for Valentines Day and my cookies were similar in size (3-4 inches) & amount of decorating/detail to yours. I only used 5 cookies per bouquet and got $20 from my friends. I used less cookies just to keep the price down as I too live in a small town. I didn't have any orders, I just made some up and took them to work to "show" them. I think I would want $25 for my 5 cookie bouquet if I was actually "in business".

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:42am
post #4 of 10

You don't say what size your cookie are.

I charge $1/inch. So lets figure you have 4" cookies. I also charge $1/pkg, since you have them individually wrapped that is 13 pkgs also. My buckets I use are usually around $1 each with some tissue paper so I add on $7 (I have this already figured out for boquets up to 6ct-anything over I figure on a per order basis as my tins don't hold many over 6 well so the container may cost different)

13x$4 = $52
13x$1 = $13
1tinx$7 = $7

Total = $72

And yes I do get this with no hesitation. Have you looked at cookies by design prices? I am still cheap-and I have delivery within 7miles included too!

Newatdecorating Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:43am
post #5 of 10

Thank you!

I was wondering, in case, anyone were to ask me when they see it. This one is not being sold. And the cookies are 3-inches.

Thanks again!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:52am
post #6 of 10

OK updated price with the 3" cookies would be $59

When looking at CBD prices make sure to remember most of theirs are 4". But they only offer one icing so if you get into multiples it is more time and more detail so you can still charge competitively.

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #7 of 10

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the thread.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:04pm
post #8 of 10

I charge $48 for my 12 cookie- bouquets, So- I'd probably do that size for $52. I know you didn't ask... but next time- try to stagger the heights of the cookies- cut the front ones shorter so you can see them all...the cookies are lovely and should be seen icon_smile.gif Just my 2 cents!

Newatdecorating Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 10

Yeah, I still haven't gotten the hang of arranging the cookies correctly. However, these are better than some in the past. So maybe, I am getting better at it with time!

Thanks for the advice!

jennbryanfrank Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbryanfrank Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm
post #10 of 10

I made cookie bouquets for Easter and did small baskets with three cookies and two peeps, and i sold them for $10 each.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%