Help!!! Clay Gun, Extruder What?

Decorating By Confectionary2 Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 10:08am by Confectionary2

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to purchase something for fondant......like that would roll out nice even ropes. I just don't know which one to get. I have carpal tunnel in both hands so I need suggestions on which one requires the least amount of pressure from me. I bought one of the little cheap ones before and it was entirely to hard for me to use. TIA!!!!!

Kim

5 replies
Confectionary2 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone icon_sad.gif PLEASEEEEeeee!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:15am
post #3 of 6

Sorry about the no-response, people probably haven't been able to get into CC. I've read the Makin's Professional Ultimate Clay Extruder is the best one to use, you twist the crank to get the fondant out. I've been trying to buy one but Michael's (which of course has the 40% or 50% off coupon) has been out of stock for months. However you can find it online, should be able to get one for about $25 including shipping.

Be sure to grease the tube and also your fondant with a little extra shortening to make it nice and pliable to go thru the machine.

The clay gun expressly made for extruding fondant, by the brand S ug arcr aft (not by the website of the same name...btw that word itself is blocked from CC thus the weird space) is not for you, it's really hard to pull the trigger to get the fondant out from what I've read.

Confectionary2 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:02am
post #4 of 6

ceshell...thanks for your tip! Anyone have one that I might should get??? icon_confused.gif

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:05am
post #5 of 6

I just bought the Makins extruder but havent had time yet to use it. A friend of mine here on CC uses it and she loves it. Her advise was to make sure to use shortening on the fondant so it slides thru easily and then it wont get stuck!

HTH,
Kim

Confectionary2 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:08am
post #6 of 6

Thanks yall for the advice. I had bought one of those (if that's the small one at HL) a long time ago and I never thought about "greasing" it. Maybe I'll find it and try that. It won't hurt! icon_smile.gif But, I really would like a bigger one too icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%