Wedding Cake Tipped Over And I Don't Care

Decorating By julzs71 Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 1:49am by beachcakes

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:40am
post #1 of 16

Well the cake tipped over and I really didn't give a darn.
The give me a table which is on a incline and to top that off. It is a camp table so there is a open 1/2 inch gap in the middle. I don't feel that bad. I'm not offering any discounts and I won't refund one red cent of the money. The cake was still edible. It didn't fall on the ground. Two of the cakes were still perfect.
I did say sorry your cake fell over after the cake cutting and said see you later. Bye.

15 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:49am
post #2 of 16

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG! I think this is the most hilarious post I've read since the saga of oscar and the mmf death blob!

I'm not sure if you intended it to be so funny ...

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:51am
post #3 of 16

I am curious if you pointed out these problems with the table before setting up. I don't think I would set a cake on a table I had my doubts about it. Would make someone else responsible for it if they can't provide a better table.

I agree that you should not give any refunds if you warned them about these table problems.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:51am
post #4 of 16

That's what i'm talking about!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif You ain't wrong and there is no need to give yourself the headache. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

agroeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agroeve Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 16

good for you. while i don't know how much they paid i would think anyone investing any money into their WEDDING CAKE would make sure that its on a table that shows it to the best advantage and is really safe. my bride created the design for her cake herself so just to show her what it would look like before i went to too much trouble i decorated a dummy and made her have a look. it was origionally supposed to be in the center of a buffet table but after seeing the single tier she said she was going to put it on a table of its own with barbed wire around it so ppl wont get too close and knock it.lol. i can't believe your hard work was displayed on so shaky a table. if you ask me they got what they deserved.

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 16

LOL I love this!

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:54pm
post #7 of 16

I actually have a clause in my contract stating that the provided table is to be level and sturdy, and will not be responsible for any leaning cakes if it is not provided.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 16

I may be wrong, but I kind-of disagree with that attitude. I TOTALLY agree that in our contract we should have a 'table' clause, but in the same right we should be professional enough to try to do the best job we can so they can have the best cake we can provide. For me that would include asking about another table or everything I could do to make sure the cake is in good condition.
BUT that being said, if there was absolutely NOTHING I could do, I would track down whoever necessary and tell them the table is unsturdy and there's nothing I can do if something were to happen.

Just my opinion.

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

I may be wrong, but I kind-of disagree with that attitude. I TOTALLY agree that in our contract we should have a 'table' clause, but in the same right we should be professional enough to try to do the best job we can so they can have the best cake we can provide. For me that would include asking about another table or everything I could do to make sure the cake is in good condition.
BUT that being said, if there was absolutely NOTHING I could do, I would track down whoever necessary and tell them the table is unsturdy and there's nothing I can do if something were to happen.

Just my opinion.

Please, don't get me wrong, I would not leave a leaning cake, when it has happened to me in the past I have done everything possible to find a suitable table, and have even had to resort to putting napkins under the table legs to get it evened out. I put this in my contract as a last resort issue, like what you said, if there is absolutely nothing can be done, I won't be held responsible.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 16

I never even thought of putting this in a contract. Thanks for giving me the idea.
The wedding was an outside wedding. So you can't seem to find a level place sometimes.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #11 of 16

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif
I'm crackin up! Ladies and gentlemen, meet indydebi #2! icon_lol.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #12 of 16

yes....it did bring a chuckle to me...so many times I have delivered cake with my Mom and they give you this tiny 3 foot round table which wobbles....Tell me how you are supposed to fit a large wedding cake on that...and where in the H#@$ do you find something to level it with???

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #13 of 16

LMAO. I sometimes wish I had you attitude!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:31pm
post #14 of 16

One member here states in her contract that the cake table is to provide x number of feet all the way around the cake. The first wedding cake I did I had a long narrow table to set up on, so I pushed it as far towards the wall it was against as I could. It was outside on a windy Kansas day, but at least on a solid floor and with a little shelter. This makes me think of getting some of the wood shims from my wood shop and sticking them in my cake box, for emergencies. It'd look better than a pot holder or pile of napkins. LOL Oh, when the cake looks great people shouldn't be looking at the dang floor anyway! But that's just my opinion....................

No, I wouldn't leave one of my cakes on an unstable table. I guess that was my original point.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:44pm
post #15 of 16

Well, of course, the "old timers" have heard my story of the cake that was MOVED on the kitchen table after I said "Don't MOVE the cake" and I did have a clause in the contract that I wasn't responsible after receiving payment. But, I did go back and fix it anyway.

The only cakes I do now are at the church so I make sure that the brides know UP FRONT which table I use for the cake (sturdy and LEVEL) and they always use it too! They might be just a little "a skeered" of Miss B! LOL

But, I agree, you aren't responsible, especially if it held up all the way to the cake cutting ceremony!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:49am
post #16 of 16

I've only done two wedding cakes, but i keep shims in the cake bag!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%