Agbay Or Other Cake Levelers

Decorating By puzzlegut Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 3:09am by Steffen74

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 4

I'm really contemplating investing in a better cake leveler. I know a lot of people have talked about the Agbay. I'm wondering if it's really necessary to purchase the double blade leveler. I know it would make it convenient to level and torte the cake at the same time, but I figure it wouldn't take that much to level the cake with the single blade and then re-adjust it to torte. Wouldn't it be just as good to purchase the single blade leveler?

Also, are they any other high quality cake levelers that I should consider before making a purchase?

3 replies
Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:40am
post #2 of 4

I bought the single blade agbay about a year ago... it is amazing and I wouldn't ever use anything else. I love love love my agbay!

however, hindsight is 20/20 and if I were to buy another one - I'd get the double. It's not difficult to change the setting - just tedious, especially if you have a lot of cakes to push through (such as multi tiered wedding cakes).

just my humble opinion

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:53am
post #3 of 4

I agree with Deana, I have a single blade love it, but I think that I would have enjoyed the double...I think it depends on how seriously you are going to work at this....
I can live with a single certainly...and really it would have been overkill for me to spend more for the amount of cakes I make and don't get paid for!!
I don't think that there is anything else out there, better than that!

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:09am
post #4 of 4

I have the double-blade and love love LOVE it. It's so easy to level and torte at the same time. I'm sure the single-bladed model is just as good, it would just take a little longer, but no big deal. Either way you go, I don't think you'll find a better leveling tool. Certainly not Wilton's...obviously! (just thrown in there as a side note vent...icon_smile.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%