Dog Groomer's 30Th??

Decorating By Sparklycake Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 4:39pm by grannys3angels

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 10:03am
post #1 of 7

Any ideas would be great. I've been asked for a 30th Birthday Cake for a girl who grooms dogs. She herself is Dog mad and owns 2 Boxers.

6 replies
Sparklycake Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 8:43am
post #2 of 7

anything, anyone????

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 9:41am
post #3 of 7

I think a tiered cake with a picket fence around the bottom layers would be cute. You could do chocolate transfers of all different breeds running around, peeking from behind the fence, etc. On the top I would find someway to do one boxer lying down and one sitting. Just an idea! Maybe it'll start some other ideas going for ya! HTH

Kim

P.S
Here's a website with a cute example:
http://culinarydelightcatering.com/images/dog-cake.jpg

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 10:06am
post #4 of 7

what about a 3d dog cake? I've see a couple of them in the gallery and those look realy cute.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 7

I don't know how big the cake has to be, but you could make 2 boxer dogs from fondant or cut 2 silhouettes of 2 boxers and have them holding a banner saying "Happy Birthday (her name)".

Also could make some grooming tools and even some boxing gloves to place on and around the cake. Make some squares cut from fondant to look like business cards...with her grooming business name on them and place those also on the cake.

Here is a link to a web site, where you might be able to find the dog shilhouettes. http://www.fundraw.com/clipart/categories/Animals/Silhouettes/00000005

Hope this can help you out, good luck!
God Bless,
Sharon

Sparklycake Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:48pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone for the idea's. Its only a one tier cake, I thought I might get away with doing cartoon type dogs than trying to replicate a boxer... but no they want Boxers!!!

The clipart will come in handy for checking them against as I make them. Might go with the mini tools and some dog nametags around the side. I like the idea of them holding a banner.

At the minute I'm kinda edging towards maybe having herself sitting on the side of the cake with a boxer either side. Maybe the Happy 30th Banner then held over her.... I don't know, lol. Will post it when I decide, its for the 24th so if I start modelling now I'll work it out as it goes along.

Thanks.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 7

Good Luck with what ever design you pick and please do let us know when you have posted the pic.

I would love to see your boxers when you have finish, being that we are boxer lovers, have had and raised boxers for the last 30 years.

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%