Stackinig Wedding Cakes To Check For Flaws Then Take Apart??

Decorating By gingersoave Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 3:19pm by ccr03

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a wedding cake for my close friend who happens to live 3 hours away, I am doing a 14, 10 and 6 inch stacked cake, does anyone ever stack their cakes just to make sure everything is intact and then take them apart b4 transporting? I want to stack this cake b/c each tier has a little flaw and I want to see the best possible way to stack it at the reception.

Does anyone else do this? I usually don't stack my cakes to check them but for some reason I am nervous about this one! All 3 tiers have fondant on them. The top 6 inch is really leaning, it's driving me nuts and the 10 inch seems a bit lopsided too - UURRGGHHH I'm afraid that I will mess up the fondant when taking it back apart.

thanks for any help!

2 replies
gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 3

OOPS, I just noticed I spelled stacking wrong in my title, I guess I'm just out of it!!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, the cake is totally free for her, I shouldnt get so bent out of shape about being perfect but this is her first marriage and she is 42!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 3

Since it's fondant, I don't see it being a problem. I would actually do the same thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%