Ding Dong Bride

Lounge By imagine76 Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm by imagine76

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 4

ok so in september i get an e-mail from a friend of a friend who is getting married in august. she's asking if we can get together and talk about wedding cakes, do i have pictures she can look at etc. she lives about 45 minutes away and that's where the wedding will be. oh, she would like a small cake and then sheet cakes to make up the servings. i think she was serving around 200. i would be delivering said cake also. so, i e-mail her back, sure we could meet, i have a few wilton books she could look at, bring any pictures from magazines. i charge $2 a slice any flavors or fillings included. i don't hear back from her until this week. she says she won't be needing me for their wedding cake because she has found someone in town who charges $1 per serving and less for sheet cakes. icon_lol.gif she says she would refer me to people in town in need of cake.

i just laughed! good luck with that lady! does anyone think this $1 a serving e-mail was a rude as did?!

thanks for letting me vent

3 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 4

You get what you pay for. It will be her loss in the end. Even your $2 per serving is a steal!! And I'm sure your service would have been more personalized, considering she is a "frend" of yours. Don't worry about it too much.

Are you invited to the wedding? I'd be sure to get a peek at the cake she ends up with!!! icon_smile.gif

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 4

Ugh! I wouldn't be surprised it this "$1 per serving" person bailed on her at the last minute and she emails you up wanting you to squeeze her in.

Don't let her email bother you. She might even be trying to trick you into lowering your prices - but don't. I'd email her back and say "Okay, thank you for writing. I hope you have the wedding of your dreams and a blessed marriage".

She'll probably be back.

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 4

i won't be there but my best friend will. i already made her promise to take a picture of the cake!

i don't think she'll be calling back. it's one of those tiny little towns where i'm sure she found somone's gramma who will do cake in those foil pans or something. i thought i'd puke if i was asked to do big sheet cakes with a friggin' rose on each piece. i hate making those things. i'm sure this is a blessing. i've only done a few wedding cakes. the last bride i had didn't bat an eye at $2 a serving. she must've know it wasn't a bad deal. she brought cash later that week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%