Cake Box Suppliers

Business By CreatedByMe Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 5:22pm by saberger

CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:49am
post #1 of 20

HI
I was hoping you could give me the website for the company you buy your cake boxes from.
I've gotten busier lately and I am finding running out to ac moore for the crap wilton boxes is getting annoying (and pricey!)

thanks in advance
tara

19 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:50am
post #2 of 20

BRP Bakery Boxes -- note the FREE shipping! (don't forget to add that in when looking at other sites)

http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:42am
post #3 of 20

I get mine from countrykitchensa.com. You can buy lesser quanitities and I don't have room for full cases!

tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:51am
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatedByMe

HI
I was hoping you could give me the website for the company you buy your cake boxes from.
I've gotten busier lately and I am finding running out to ac moore for the crap wilton boxes is getting annoying (and pricey!)

thanks in advance
tara

Tara,
Do you have a problem w/ the Wilton 14x19 boards fitting in the 14x19 boxes? I'm needing a box/board company too.

CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:56am
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatedByMe

HI

thanks in advance
tara

Tara,
Do you have a problem w/ the Wilton 14x19 boards fitting in the 14x19 boxes? I'm needing a box/board company too.

I do but what I end up doing is using packing tape on the sides of the box to make sure it doesn't SPRING open on me!! I just seem to use this size most often and I have a good couple of cakes coming up so I think it would be better to pay less than $1 per box than $2+ at ac moore.
too bad I don't know anyone around me where I can split the order-that would be GREAT!
tara

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 20

I had that problem to, so i purchased half sheet boxes and boards from sames club. I know you said quarter sheet. Anyway, they are the plastic see through ones so your hard work can be seen through the box. And I don't have to trim the cakes to fit on the boards. 25 boxes and lids were $15-$16. 50 pads were $10 to $11. The box lids stack inside themselves so they don't take up that much room. Just a thought.

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 20

Sam's club?! Cool, where/what section? I don't belong to Sam's club anymore but I find a way for those boxes icon_wink.gif

Thanks!

twooten173 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:23pm
post #8 of 20

You have to go to the bakery section. They will sell them to you if they have extras in stock. If not, order them in the same dept. and it takes about 3-7 days for them to come in. Acutally you can buy almost anything they use back there - the cupcake inserts, boxes, icing, etc. Just ask.

Oh also ask for a price list so you will have an idea of what everything costs.

Winter1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winter1979 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:25pm
post #9 of 20

I order mine from B&G Paper - they are really fast at shipping.

http://www.bgpaper.com/

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:43pm
post #10 of 20

What does Sam's charge for boxes?

mommakeef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakeef Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:00pm
post #11 of 20

Doug, I am in love with BRP's PINK boxes! I just wish they sold them in smaller quantities, as I don't have room for 100. icon_sad.gif I'll have to find someone to split an order with! Thanks for the link!

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:05pm
post #12 of 20

Wow, that's really good to know that Sams will sell the boxes too....man, I need to renew my membership again....but, I think it's worth it just for the bakery department!! I just hate going there and spending a fortune!!

As far as the Original post....I am lucky enough to work very close to a cake and candy supply store and they carry every box, board, drum....you coudld think of...sure they're a little more expensive than I COULD get them if I could buy in bulk..but I jsut don't have the space to order cases of boxes at a time...at least not right now. I would hate to have to buy those expensive boxes from Micheals....ugh!!

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:06pm
post #13 of 20

At Sam's Club Boxes and lids are charged separately. I don't remember the exact amount for the bottom part but it was about $16 and $17.48 for the lids. 50 per carton with see tru the top which come to about .67 per box!!!! (around .71 with 6% tax). I don't sell a lot of cakes but paying $1.99 every time at Michael's or Joanns is just not right... and if I get the see tru ones they are $2.49!!!!

authress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
authress Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 20

I'll second (or third!) BRP. Their prices are great and ship very quickly. I ordered 100 1/4 sheet borads (covered in foil) for only about $60. I keep 10 or so with my cake stuff and the rest in the attic! icon_biggrin.gif

foxgwyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxgwyn Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:17pm
post #15 of 20

BRP is also having a sale right now on certain boxes, I just got quite the deal!

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 20

Just a heads up on the Sam's club thing.....I went there and bought a case of each (tops and bottoms) and I was charged over $30 per case. I believe one cost more then the other. When I first asked to purchase them they said no they didn't do that, then they asked another person who said they did and prices were printed on a seperate sheet. I ended up paying a heck of a lot more then I wanted for 50 complete boxes.
When I was shopping for my wedding I learned a little known fact about Sam's Club's, Walmarts, Micheal's and A.C. Moores.......not all are the same! They don't have the same prices on items,the same items in stock or the same sales from one store to the next. An example would be when I was buying my favors....Micheals in the store closest to me didn't have enough votive cups so we traveled to the next location (45mins away) and tried to purchase the rest. The customer service rep informed us that it wasn't the same sale...sales go by region/area so they are often different from store to store. The best way to tell if something is available in your area and what price is to check online first....if they asked for your zip code or for you to pick a store first then you know it varies by store.
HTH

twooten173 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:42am
post #17 of 20

Sorry to hear about the Sam's thing. I got 25 sets (tops and bottoms) of this for $16 and change. They came in one box by the way. Like I said, you can just ask for a price list. They made a copy for me. I really like these because they are tall, your work can be seen without opening the box, and the box has a decent seal.
LL

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:01pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

BRP Bakery Boxes -- note the FREE shipping! (don't forget to add that in when looking at other sites)

http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

BRP is great! My local bakery quit selling to me when he found out why is cake sales went slightly down.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #19 of 20

twooten, that is an amazing price for those!!! For the 2 years I worked there, which ended not even a year ago, those were more than the containers for the 10" round cakes(13"container) which were like 39.06.

Either they had a severe price cut or they're using the wrong plu number to make the label.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:22pm
post #20 of 20

You may also want to check out http://www.webstaurantstore.com/third1234/products/cake-bakery-boxes.html

I have gotten several things form there and likethem a lot. Very fast too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%