The Cake That Was Never Ment To Be...

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm by kettlevalleygirl

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 3

I should have known. When my son sneezed over the original decorations 2 weeks ago, I should have known this cake was never going to happen.

My BC was made from the stinky 0 trans fat and was sticky and warm, even in the fridge. Although I have never had problems with DH in the past, I noticed these cake were a little too moist and flacky. I still have not figured out how to bake successfully in an electric oven.

But I continued...hoping that a miracle would occur. I got the first layer cut and crumb coated. I cut out the center (topsy turvey) and set in the fridge. I took it out and layed the MMF over the top---and the entire thing collapsed! The high end of the angle fell completely off and then it seperated in the middle.

Three weeks planning, spending and working on this cake for nothing. The good news is that it is not a paid cake. It was for a reception at my office so I just ordered from Wal-mart.

2 replies
kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 3

I see that you are at peace with yourself thumbs_up.gif
I think we have all had some sort of experience like that at one time or another.
Lorene

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 3

I see that you are at peace with yourself thumbsdown.gif
I think we have all had some sort of experience like that at one time or another.
Lorene

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%