Great Article If You Are Comparing Stand Mixers...

Decorating By Rainbow_Moon Updated 9 Aug 2005 , 8:34pm by Rainbow_Moon

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 4

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cookware/msg0615553015537.html
You'll have to scroll down a bit but someone posted a whole article as their message in this forum I just found. They did a head-to-head with the mixers and DeLonghi was their top pick. Now my choice is a little easier to make!

3 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 4

Just thought I'd mention... Right above the article in big letters are the words "ADVERTISEMENT." I think I'd check Good House Keeping or Consumer Reports if I was looking for a true evaluation of mixers. I've seen lots of these fake tests in magazines for diffrent products. Have you ever seen a test preformed by the advertiser where their product didn't win? Just food for thought. Intersting link!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 4

Consumer Reports is always a good place to go for a true, honest evaluation of a product... I feel they're one of the best.

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 4

BTW, I thought that while it does say ADVERTISEMENT I think that is because they just copy-pasted the article from latimes...you know how there will be ads on the sides of the page and they copy that way (well it does like at on azcentral.com where i get all my news). anyway the header was:

June 22, 2005 latimes.com
TOOL DEPARTMENT
The mixer, all revved up
By Judy Yao, Times Staff Writer

so i am hoping that's a reputable source!

I will def have to check out Consumer Reports, too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%