Party Ideas????

Lounge By redhare Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 1:34pm by redhare

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 8

My dh will be turning 30 next year - yes you read right his 29th bday is just weeks away. But before you laugh hysterically I am a sahm which means no income of my own so I'll have to save $5 here and there so it will take me about a year to save up enough $$ for the party without him knowing b/c I want this to be a surprise party...

Ya know how they call it "dirty thirty" well I didn't want the typical boob party thing I wanted it to be sexy not slutty. SOOOO I thought of doing like the vintage 50's pin up girls. Ya know they have clothes on but OOPS you can see my garter belt kind of thing. My dh loves pin up girls (actually wants to get a pin up girl tatoo eventually).
My problem you ask well I can plan kid parties ALL DAY LONG w/o a problem. You want a Hannah Montana Bday or Batman BAM gotcha easy as pie w/ original crafts and everything. I just don't have a CLUE what to do w/ a grown up party!!!! My kids will be staying at Grandparents house so this will be adults only.

Here are my ideas thus far PLEASE tell me if you think they are silly. I have 2 table lamps that I will take out the bulb and put in red bulbs, the the 2 ceiling light fixtures I have put black toulle around the brackets. Also clean out the fireplace and put a glass platter w/ all sizes of red and black candles. I even have a corner w/ not much going on that I was thinking of having solid black or white not sure yet fabric hanging so that could be the 'photo op' moment. This will be a costume party so I thought that would be cool ya know. Will have on the invitations for the girls to come as there best pin up and the guys int here best 50's attire.

Anyway, can ya'll think of anything else or think any of my stuff is silly???
Of course I will have lil finger foods to nibble on and alcohol and of course cake! LOL just not sure of what...

7 replies
redhare Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 8

no ideas or advice I guess ~ thanks though

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 8

well is this party gonna be just the two of you
or will there be other friends there??

that will make a difference on the kind of suggestions you get

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 8

doesn't sound like you need any advice ...

just help getting it all done

and of course sending invites to us all icon_rolleyes.gif

---

looks to be a really fun party!

(hmmmm.....instead of 50s how about 40s -- the highpoint of pinups --so can do the whole WWII theme as well?)

redhare Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

well is this party gonna be just the two of you
or will there be other friends there??

that will make a difference on the kind of suggestions you get

Well, if it was just the two of us that would be a WHOLE different kind of party icon_wink.gif

I went thru his myspace list of friends plus the tride and true friends and got a list of like 21 couples.

Doug ~ oo the 40's might be better men in uniforms coming to the party would be nice hehehehe.

I just wanted to hear from other adults I suppose that my ideas weren't silly or something or if ya'll had any better ones...

redhare Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 8

Oh and Doug if you wanna come from NC to TX then come on down LOL

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:04am
post #7 of 8

I think your ideas are great and not silly at all! Another thing that comes to mind is maybe you could have karaoke or lip-synching to 50's songs (depending on how brave your friends are).

redhare Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraO

I think your ideas are great and not silly at all! Another thing that comes to mind is maybe you could have karaoke or lip-synching to 50's songs (depending on how brave your friends are).

ooooooooooo that will be fun, most the people coming are acquaintances of my dh so I don't know them well enough to know if they would participate BUT I could have it there and see that's a great idea THANS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%