Pricing Sugared Grapes

Business By Jenn2179 Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 2:32pm by ladyonzlake

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 6

I got asked for a price quote on a cake with sugared grapes. How would you price it? Would you add an extra cost for the extra time to sugar the grapes or would you just include it in your base price?
TIA.

5 replies
ddmckinney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddmckinney Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 6

how would you sugar those grapes? i have heard of this, but never figured out exactly how to do it.

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 6

I would figure my extra cost and add it into the base price. The client would just think it's the price of the cake, rather than an extra fee. Sometimes people like the sound of a price all together rather than this is the cake cost, and this is the sugared grape cost. I hope that made sense to you! LOL!
HTH

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 6

No I will give them a total cost of the cake but am not sure how much to add on to my base price.

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

making them is actually minimal work, figure out how much the grapes are going to cost, add the sugar and a tsp of meringue powder and add that to the cost of your cake.

I've made them to add to the sides of a 2 tiered cakes.

Then I ate the other batch. lol

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 6

I would figure out the cost of your grapes and time to make them and add that into the cost of your cake. Most people just want to know what to write the check for and not the break down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%