My Baby! (Ultrasound)

Lounge By Melvira Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm by Melvira

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #31 of 57

Happy Easter Melvira! And congrats for the pregnancy! he looks precious already! You probably just can't wait to hold him!

I wish you a great pregnancy, and a healthy baby!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm
post #32 of 57

Thank you everyone, and HAPPY EASTER from Alex and Zach!! My two little white-chocolate bunnies!! icon_wink.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:48pm
post #33 of 57

OH MY GOODNESS!!! that's wonderful!!

by the way, you have to stop taunting me with this -i have terrible baby fever!!!

what a little blessing!

Melvira Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:22pm
post #34 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine76

OH MY GOODNESS!!! that's wonderful!!

by the way, you have to stop taunting me with this -i have terrible baby fever!!!

what a little blessing!

The only cure for that fever takes a nine month prescription!! icon_wink.gif *chanting* DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!!!!!

imagine76 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:14am
post #35 of 57

mmmmm.... that would be nice. we're stacking them up as it is in our little 3 bedroom house. plus DH (ironically those are also his initials) would've been content with just 1. maybe with my next husband icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif ! until then, i guess i'll just snuggle the multitude of babies everyone around me are having!

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 6:44pm
post #36 of 57

He's adorable! icon_razz.gif I have baby fever, too, but I have a good reason ... I'm due June 23 with my second little boy. icon_biggrin.gif

Did you get the 3D sonogram right at your doctor's office? I'd love to have one done, but my routine ones have all been the usual sort ... I'm going to ask at my next appointment. They're so neat!

Melvira Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:10pm
post #37 of 57

Yes, they did that at the Doctor's office! They are really great! You should definitely ask about getting one, although they often won't do them until 30 weeks. It all depends on your doc and the circumstance.

But... CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! And Daddy, too!! This is the most fun I've ever had... creating these little people... watching them grow and blossom. It's amazing.

Alright, I'm going to shut up before I cry!! icon_rolleyes.gif

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #38 of 57

Oooh! Melvira, he's absolutely adorable! And you are getting so close to his debut! How exciting!

I'm with imagine76, got some crazy terrible fever. Got three crazy monsters, and I want more!! DH doesn't. He's a poo-head.

Congrats to you too JillK! So many babies.

I might have to pull off something soap-opera style... icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:51pm
post #39 of 57

Thank you Lani!! I'll tell you what, I'll loan you mine! icon_wink.gif We'll have a baby coming out party and you can all pass him around and get your ovaries in gear! icon_surprised.gif I am one of those Moms that makes sure the baby always smells yummy, so I am probably responsible for quite a few women begging their husbands for babies! icon_razz.gif The men probably hate me. Especially when they find out it takes work to keep the baby like that! Hehehe.

I really can't wait. I can't wait to hold the new baby, I can't wait to see my angel interact with his new little brother, I just can't wait for EVERYTHING!! Life is good! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:54pm
post #40 of 57

OH MY GOD Lani!! I am such a tard!! I was looking at your ticker and for some WEIRD reason I was thinking it said 20 dys until you were IN your 20's, and I thought to myself, not even 20 and she's got three! Whew! She's a braver woman than I am!!

What an idiot! icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank goodness I re-read it a few times! icon_wink.gif

lanibird Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:22pm
post #41 of 57

That there is a certified case of what I call the "Pregnacy Stupids" icon_lol.gif I had them real bad, and it got worse with each one! icon_lol.gif

Maybe I shouldn't have another one; who knows what I'll be like! icon_lol.gif

lanibird Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:27pm
post #42 of 57

Your big baby boy is gonna have so much fun! My DS, the first born, was 3 when his first sister came along, and he was so excited and had so much fun interacting with her as she grew. They fight like cats and dogs now (he'll be 7 icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif in June, she's 3), but he used to get so excited when she'd do.... something; "Mom! Mom! Mom! Arwen can smile! She looked at me! I know she just said 'brother!'".

So adorable. So much fun.

Now I'm getting a little teary eyed. Gotta go hug some munchkins.

Melvira Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 2:34am
post #43 of 57

That is SO cute!! That's part of the reason that I wanted to have three years between the two... (and it will be three years almost to the day!!) firstly because I wanted to be greedy with my time with the first one... I wanted to milk every day of 'just us'. (Also because I wanted us to be in a lull between his surgeries.) But also because he will be old enough to have fun with the new baby. You should see him 'help' with my nephew! (Who is almost 10 months old but almost the same size as my nearly 3 year old! LORDY that's a big kid!) But my guy holds the bottle and 'disciplines' the baby if he does something wrong. (Ya know, points at him and says "NO!") icon_rolleyes.gif It is so cute.

Ok guys... I've got to stop driving myself crazy here. I am so excited I'm going to hurl! Hehehe. I LOVE BABIES!!! (DH thinks this is it, but I think I MIGHT be able to convince him to try one more time for a girl!! hehehe)

imagine76 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #44 of 57

yeah, you might need to try for a girl too (or at least that's a good excuse for another one!) i have 1 girl and 2 boys. they all knock me out every day. yesterday after i put on some coconut body spray my 3 year old son told me "mama, you smell delicious". holy buckets, that alone could make you want another one!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:00am
post #45 of 57

Congrats Mel, he is a beautiful blessing. It is great to see your happyness and all the love you feel in your heart. What a wonderful gift to show him someday when he's older.
I wish you & your family joy, happyness and all the good that life has to offer. Please be sure to up date us on the name. Beautiful baby!
God Bless You & Yours,
Sharon

Oh, I have to tell you this,...I hope you will get a laugh out of it.
For my daughter in laws baby shower, I made table tents to place on the tables for guest to read. Inside I had type out pregnancy jokes I had found. Thought maybe you might get a kick out of a few of them.

1. Q. My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure, Is she right?
A. Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

2. Q. Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A. Yes, pregnancy

Melvira Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:42pm
post #46 of 57

Hehehehe Sharon! Those are good ones!! And thanks for your lovely sentiments! It's so nice to have friends here that care! icon_biggrin.gif

It's funny, when I was a teenager I always wanted a boy and then a girl, but since I've been an adult I've always *known* I'd have 2 boys and a girl. I guess thats why I wasn't surprised when this one turned out to be a boy. Now I just have to convince DH that THREE is the REAL perfect number! icon_lol.gif

And, for posterity I will say, I THINK we've decided on Zachary for his name. For a while we were considering Gabriel, but I think Zach is winning! I guess we won't know for sure until the ink dries on the certificate though, right? Maybe his name will end up being Rasputin! icon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:24pm
post #47 of 57

Your Welcome Melvira,
Well you know family of 5 does have a nice sound to it icon_lol.gif As to Zachary as his name...I think it is a great name, besides have 2 Zachary's in my family thumbs_up.gif
I had my daughters name pick out from the get go, and I told everyone I knew in my heart the baby was girl (I think they had just started using ultrasounds then, but it was very very rare). So the whole time I carried her, I call her Contessa Nicole (man did I hear it from both sides of the family over that). The day came (after she was born), to do the birth info and give them her name...I was having second thoughts. The nurse told me "Hon, I am not telling you what to do, but if you have called her that all this time and you change it now...you will hate your for doing it. Besides if you what to change it, there is tons of paper work, and her name is so diffrent I would go with your 1st. choice.

She was right I would have hated myself if I would not have went with what was in my heart for so many months icon_biggrin.gif So if the name Zachary feels good in your heart, then that will be the name you pick icon_smile.gif Now as for us backing you up on baby #3, your DH is going to come after us ladies with a fondant roller icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

lanibird Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #48 of 57

Three is such a great number! imagine76 is right, trying for a girl is a great excuse to make it three. Tell DH he needs his "Little Princess" icon_lol.gif I keep telling DH we need to try for another boy cause we already have the name, and we need to balance out the estrogen to testosterone ratio in the house. He just repeats his "no more!" mantra. I'll weaken him yet.

Melvira Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 11:39pm
post #49 of 57

I keep telling DH that if he thinks he's in love with our kids now... let a "Daddy's little Princess" bat her eyelashes at him and see what happens!! Not that he'd love her more than the boys, but it's a little different. My boys will be Mama's boys, and a little girl would be Daddy's girl! We'll see how it goes. Of course, a lot will be decided after finding out how well we deal with having two!! Hehehe.

I am TOTALLY outnumbered here... everything is male... even the cat! I am the only estrogen in the place! But... I'm still the boss! icon_razz.gif I like being surrounded by my guys though. Not that I'd hate a little blue eyed baby 'Me' to dress up! icon_wink.gif

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:51am
post #50 of 57

Melvira...I am so very happy for you. Speaking from a grandma's viewpoint...I'm free for babysitting...LOL!!!

Melvira Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:27am
post #51 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovincake

Melvira...I am so very happy for you. Speaking from a grandma's viewpoint...I'm free for babysitting...LOL!!!

Oh baby!! Don't tease me... I'll have you living with me by mid June when everyone else ditches me to go back to work!! icon_lol.gif Anyone else that's ready to sign up for their 'time' helping me out, I'll start a calendar! Hehehehe! icon_lol.gif

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:47am
post #52 of 57

I'm just so glad your little angel is doing well...you are truly blessed...oh, by the way, how far is it from Nacogdoches, Texas to Lost Nation, Iowa??? LOL Linda

Melvira Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:00am
post #53 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovincake

I'm just so glad your little angel is doing well...you are truly blessed...oh, by the way, how far is it from Nacogdoches, Texas to Lost Nation, Iowa??? LOL Linda

ONE plane ride!! That's how far! icon_wink.gif The airfare is on me! icon_wink.gif

imagine76 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:15am
post #54 of 57

put me down for the end of june. i'm within driving distance. i babysat my little cousin yesterday and it made the baby fever WORSE!!! -sheesh, i thought it would be better!

i don't mind the middle of the nighters so i can take that shift!

Melvira Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:22am
post #55 of 57

Oh man... you're ON!!!

buzymom1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzymom1975 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:40pm
post #56 of 57

He is absolutely perfect Mel. And to think just 12 years ago when my youngest was born, we didn't even have 4D yet.

Melvira Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm
post #57 of 57

icon_biggrin.gif I know... it's amazing to be able to see his little face so clearly!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%