Chocolate Sugar Cookies Spreading!!

Baking By sugarinspired Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 10:25pm by linedancer

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:21am
post #1 of 8

Help.. i make the NFSC and it comes out perfect. But everytime i bake the chocolate sugar cookies it spread like crazy. Am i doing something wrong?

7 replies
eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:29am
post #2 of 8

what recipe do you use? i use this recipe and it doesn't spread. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6962-Rolled-Dark-Chocolate-Cookies.html

crazycakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycakes2007 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:31am
post #3 of 8

Are you putting them in the freezer for 10-15 min before baking? That might help.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:36am
post #4 of 8
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:17am
post #5 of 8

Yes, yes, yes use the link eneq posted. Pumpkinwaffles choc rolled cookies are the best ever. They do not spread and taste great!!

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 8

thanks ill try the dark choco rolled cookies. the one i did try and spread was the choco sugar cookies recipe on here

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 8

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Ever-Chocolate-Cutout-Cookies/Detail.aspx

this recipe rocks!! These cookies taste like brownies...I cooked them just until I could touch the top and my finger didn't stick they were still very underdone...but once they cooled they were fudgy and chewy and yummy.......I adjusted the recipe to only make 10 cookies as I had tried a ton of other recipes that either spread out or didn't taste good...this one didn't spread at all.....I'll show a pic of the cookies I made with it...I was shocked at how little they spread. the white chocolate candy clay is cut with the same cutter so you can see exactlly how much spreading went on but they kept their shapes perfectlly.
LL

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 8

Nice cookies, KHalstead. I totally agree with you, the cookies rock!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%