When Is Lent Over???? Please!!!!

Lounge By 1nanette Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 11:47pm by 1nanette

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:34am
post #1 of 8

I have to know for sure. I have always thought lent ended on Good Friday. Today I was talking to a teacher at my nieces school and she said TODAY is the last day of lent and Good Friday is not included because you dont abstain or fast on holy days or Sundays. Then I mentioned it to my sister and she said she had been told Easter ended lent. So if teacher is right I've been completely wrong for the past 20 years because I fast on Good Friday. I was going to do an online search but I trust my cake family more.

thanks

7 replies
Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:59am
post #2 of 8

I have always thought that Easter was the official end of lent.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:42am
post #3 of 8

Today is the end of Lent. This evening is the beginning of Easter Triduum. Lent is 40 days long, not counting Sundays.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:49am
post #4 of 8

The start and end of Lent varies depending on your Christian denomination. In some denominations Lent ends the day before Easter Sunday (Holy Saturday), in some it ends at sundown on Holy Thursday, in others in ends the Friday before Palm Sunday.

Confusing huh?

1nanette Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:01am
post #5 of 8

It is confusing. Im sticking with what Ive always done. Thanks everyone!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:25pm
post #6 of 8

I'm glad Lent is over... NO MORE FISH WOOO HOOO icon_wink.gif Nanette those kiddos are PRECIOUS!!!!

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 8

If you are Catholic, Lent ends on sundown on Holy Thursday. That begins the Easter Triduum. You could end your sacrifices Thursday, fast Friday, and feast Saturday and Sunday.

Paula, Theology teacher

1nanette Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I'm glad Lent is over... NO MORE FISH WOOO HOOO icon_wink.gif Nanette those kiddos are PRECIOUS!!!!

Thank you. These are my nieces London at that time age 5 and Daji at that time age 4. They are cousins but have been together all of their lives and are more like sisters. They fight each other all the time and its OK, but no one else can. They are very protective of one another.

I dont mind the fish. I love it and eat it all the time anyway. I gave up red meat, all fried foods, and flour. It was so hard!! Do you know how many things you can't eat when you give up flour? It was definitely a sacrifice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%