Cake Decorating As A Career

Decorating By Else Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm by deanwithana

Else Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Else Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 2

Hi am not only new to this community but also to cake decorating. I am trying to decide how to go about getting into this field and am not having much luck with finding information. My current dilemma is more of a what should I do situation. I have been planning on taking the Master Course offered at Wilton, my mother in law told me just recently that up by her a certified bakery offers some training as well. There are a few differences between the two. The first being money, the second being time. Wilton is more expensive but seem to be more thorough in what they teach as well as it being two weeks and full days. This bakery is much less expensive which means I can go sooner, still two weeks but only taught in the evenings for a few hours. My cakes all have tasted great but they don't look impressive and I really want to do this for a career. So my question is can anyone help me in regards to this decision? As well as point me in the right direction for any other guidance I might need. Thank You.
~Else

1 reply
deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 2

The most expensive is not necessarily the best........try to look at some pictures to obtain a "style" that you are wanting to use to portray your brand image....then look at Wilton and the local training class and see who trains more towards that style and hopefully this will help you decide which class to take. Hope this helps and good luck!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%