10" Styrofoam Ball

Decorating By annieliz Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 4:46am by annieliz

annieliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:49am
post #1 of 8

Anybody know where I can find one? I've been looking online and the only one I've found that is big enough is hollow, comes in two pieces and costs $21 and I don't really want to spend that much. I've looked at Hobby Lobby and Michaels online and they only go up to 8"

TIA

7 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:09am
post #2 of 8

Did you check Dallas Foam?? They have EVERYTHING! Good luck

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:54am
post #4 of 8

Holy crap! Why do they cost so darn much? I mean it's a piece of almost weightless styrofoam! Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but dang! Guess I'm either gonna have to find a different way or fork over the money for the styrofoam.

all4cake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:07am
post #5 of 8

The hollow ones won't work?

annieliz Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:19am
post #6 of 8

I don't know. I'm not sure that the hollow one would provide enough support. It's going to hold lotsssssssssss of mini cupcakes and I'd hate for it to crack under the pressure. Again I don't know. What do you think?

all4cake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:28am
post #7 of 8

I don't know whether it would be compromised either. can you make an 8"? How many more MCCs could you get on a 10" than an 8"?

Seems the 8" are easier to come by...

3 6" balls

or pack the 10" halves with packed RKTs for added support

annieliz Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:46am
post #8 of 8

The RKT might work and I might be able to get an 8" ball to work just have to find a way to keep it from moving around. See I've got this giant teacup planter (never had a plant in it of course, I'd kill it anyway lol) and my idea is to make coffee/tea inspired MCC's and take it to my mom's office and try to get some business and just to be nice since I did work there with most of them for 4 years.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%