Some Days Do You Ever Just Get Fed Up!!!

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by AJsGirl

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 12

I have had the last 3 weeks from hell!! icon_evil.gif I have been soooo friggen busy that I can hardly see straight.I am finally starting to relax a little and the phone rings 20 minutes after my last CCC goes out saturday.She insists she ordered Rainbow bit cupcakes and she got chocolate! So I check my order book,calender,etc...No.. she ordered chocolate..."We never order chocolate...we don't like chocolate"Then she says "Well I ordered this cake the same time as my husbands cake and it was rainbow bit too" I went back and checked his order..it was 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate....no rainbow bit icon_cool.gif so I have a customer all choked at me when the mistake was not mine!!! Grrrr...then last week same thing...A customer calls right after her hubby picks up the cake and is wondering why there is no candy melt horses and carriage,shoes etc..on her daughters Princess cupcake cake..it was only a 20 pce and you can't fit all that stuff on except a Tiara and wand...I tell her this..You only ordered a 20 pce and I can only accomodate these pieces on a 34 pc or larger...So she goes on to tell me how disappointed her daughter is...Well.....I'm getting tired of being the scapegoat for other people's idiocy!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Some days I want to just quit doing this.....But of course I can't..I love it too much and I make good money but I mean really!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry for the rant!!! icon_redface.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

11 replies
TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 12

Time to pull out the Cake Ball Cannon! lol

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 12

Exactly why I only bake for friends and family! They don't dare complain as they know they are getting a sweet deal!! Well, unless you count my knuckle-head DD who thinks I charge my friends and family way too much $$$ - after all "it's just cake"!!! icon_cool.gif Sometimes I wonder if I actually gave birth to that kid!! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 12

Oh, yeah, I just LUV the ones where the FIVE YEAR OLD KID is bitterly disappointed! Yeah....right after mom SHOWS them they are suppose to be bitterly disappointed! I dont' think kids give a dang one way or the other as long as they get a cake with candles and presents ... lots and lots of presents!

Birthday parties for kids would be fun if they didnt' allow adults to be there!

TheButterWench Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 12

this is just something I do and it CMA very nicely thank you very much.

After every phone order, obviously I get the email addy.

I confirm everything we spoke about with an email.

Cake is this flavor with such and such decorations with such and such statement.

and if they have a pic for refrence I send the pic right back at them.

I also confirm delivery time and address.

Everything that was covered in the conversation and I sign off with a nice little thank you.

that way, if they are not in front of me to sign off on the reciept they can't come back later

"Bitterly Dissapointed"

( Jeez, what a Drama Queen! lol your

TheButterWench Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 12

this is just something I do and it CMA very nicely thank you very much.

After every phone order, obviously I get the email addy.

I confirm everything we spoke about with an email.

Cake is this flavor with such and such decorations with such and such statement.

and if they have a pic for refrence I send the pic right back at them.

I also confirm delivery time and address.

Everything that was covered in the conversation and I sign off with a nice little thank you.

that way, if they are not in front of me to sign off on the reciept they can't come back later

"Bitterly Dissapointed"

( Jeez, what a Drama Queen! lol, your client!!)

had to edit hit the submit button too early lol

BARBARAJEAN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BARBARAJEAN Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 12

I will be writing a similar note at the end of June. After Graduation and assorted weddings in May and June I am always burned out and ready to hang up my apron. Then in a couple of days my Mailbox News or American Cake decorating Magazine will come and I get all excited again. Go figure. I wish at times that I had a manager to handle the customers and I could just decorate.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 12

I do exactly as butterwrench! I'll email them a PDF of their complete order - including, servings, flavors, sketch or photo, wording on the cake, delivery info and the price obviously.
I tell them to look it over and make sure that everything is correct. Then I'll print it out for 1. my records and 2. tape it up in my kitchen when I'm working on the cake so I can make sure I do it right!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 12

I confirm EVERYTHING by email. I tell brides, "Between now and your wedding, I will talk to a lot of brides and I will NOT remember this conversation. This is the sheet I am going to be working from when I make your cake. If it's not written down, it's not happening."

TheButterWench Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 5:47pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

I do exactly as butterwrench! I'll email them a PDF of their complete order - including, servings, flavors, sketch or photo, wording on the cake, delivery info and the price obviously.
I tell them to look it over and make sure that everything is correct. Then I'll print it out for 1. my records and 2. tape it up in my kitchen when I'm working on the cake so I can make sure I do it right!

I do the same thing, I also print out the email staple it to the order sheet and tape it to the wall by my mixers and ovens so I have everything in front before I begin.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 6:11pm
post #11 of 12

ButterWench - we're two of a kind!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm
post #12 of 12

I don't think these people even know what they want when they order. If YOU don't know, how am I supposed to know?? Geez!!

icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%