Williams-Sonoma Rabbit Pan, What The...

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 9:45pm by Kahuna

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:58am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone had success using this freakin thing? I recieved it as a gift from my in-laws a few years a go. I can never get the head and tail to match up and then I tried to cover it with chocolate, like the picture on the instructions and there is a huge gap, when you try to fill the gap it looks like total you know what. I ended up covering the whole thing with a grass tip, but I really like the look of the chocolate bunny, like you would get in an Easter basket. If anyone has tips, I would love to hear. One of my friends said, that's why they only show one side in the picture lol. Thanks

Sue

2 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 3

I have almost bought that exact pan and didn't due to this very type issue...anyone got any tips out there for this?

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 3

You made a good decision, the thing is a real PITA. The first time I used it the head kept falling off, so this time I used a really dense cake and that healped, still lost some ears. I think it is because the body part is so deep and the head is shallow it's really hard to bake with. The only idea I have had is to attach the two side together and then dip the entire rabbit in chocolate in one shot, however, that's A LOT of chocolate. Or just to use one half of the rabbit, pour chocolate over it and put it in a basket type cake. I don't know, I would love to be able to use the pan, it looks great until you have to attach the body halves together. Oh well, will have to work on my carving skills, it seems that would be eaiser!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%