Need A Good Recipe For...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 17 Mar 2008 , 5:07am by ceshell

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:07am
post #1 of 6

... a White Chocolate Macadamia nut cake! I have made two, and I can't get it right. I am a mix baker, so I started with a DH white cake mix, replaced the water with white chocolate macadamia creamer, and then added about 1/2 c each of white chocolate and macadamia nuts (tossed in flour). The cake sank like a brick in the middle! Also, the white chocolate flavor kind of got lost, and the nuts sank to near the bottom of the cake.

So, does anyone have a good recipe I can try, or can someone give me advice on how to salvage the recipe I have now?

TIA!
<S>

5 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 5:22am
post #2 of 6

My suggestions would be to make the cake with the extender recipe, but use white chocolate pudding and grind up the macadamia nuts to a powder.

Havn't tried it, but that's my suggestions!

Stephanie

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 10:24am
post #3 of 6

Starkie have you posted this in the recipe section? icon_smile.gif You will get a fast response there icon_wink.gif ... I am sure someone can help you.....I think again that the creamer could be your culprit...some are made with corn syrup which can throw the "science" of the cake recipe off.... Also I have found that when adding nuts to a cake..like for instance my hummingbird cake I gently shake them in a little bit of flour ....which causes a suspension in the middle of the batter icon_smile.gif

HTH's

And have a wonderful day!!!

Christi icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 11:43am
post #4 of 6

Cake Mix Doctor white chocolate cake recipe:
(Just omit lemon, if desired.)

http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipes/what_kind/cakes/lemon_lovers_white_chocolate_c.php

WASC cake white chocolate variation:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:00am
post #5 of 6
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 5:07am
post #6 of 6

I agree with grinding the nuts, unless you specifically want the chunkiness. I have an incredible hazelnut cake recipe (scratch, though) that basically substitutes some of the flour with ground hazelnuts. I've always been curious to try it with mac nuts but haven't had the occasion yet. I know you said "foolproof" so I suppose that's not much help but I figured I'd give you my 2c anyway icon_smile.gif.

As for the white chocolate taste, have you tried the creamer by itself, does it taste strongly of white chocolate or is it on the mild side?? If it were me I'd prob. just make white chocolate icing to get the more intense flavor going on. Of course JanH's link to the WASC white chocolate variation could be just the ticket.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%