High Ratio Shortening

Decorating By dcb157 Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm by JanH

dcb157 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:16am
post #1 of 9

I have always used Crisco in my buttercream but for my son's first birthday party cake I want to make it extra special. What brand high ratio shortening do you use? Where do you get it from?

8 replies
CNCS Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:29am
post #2 of 9

CK Products.

tracey1970 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:36am
post #3 of 9

The only place I can get it in my small town is at the Bulk Barn - it's their own hi-ratio shortening.

leepat Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 12:57am
post #4 of 9

You can buy Bakemark which is a very good brand at CK Products if you are a licensed business. If you are not you can buy it at www.countrykitchenssa.com

tonedna Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:19am
post #5 of 9

CK an sweetex are the ones I use!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

gia2088 Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:26am
post #6 of 9

i use sweetex and will never go back to regular shortening

cakeladydi Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 1:33am
post #7 of 9

Have ya'll ever tried "Penguin" high ratio shortening? I purchased some at my local (well 45 minutes away) cake shop and I love it. I have searched the web but I can only find where it can be purchased wholesale. I need retail.
If anyone has tried how does it compare to Alpine and Sweetex?

grannys3angels Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 3:09am
post #8 of 9

I use Alpine and I love it...I'll never go back to veg. shortenings again.

God Bless,

JanH Posted 16 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm
post #9 of 9

I use Sweetex which I purchased in a 50# cube from Gordon Food Service.

Here's a thread on hi-ratio preferences, and other brands of hi-ratio:



Quote by @%username% on %date%