Dipping Mint Oreos

Baking By Honeydukes Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 4:38pm by millicente

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Mar 2008 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 8

I mistakenly bought a package of Mint Oreos -- I thought the green filling was for St. Patricks's day or Easter. (They usually color them for spring.) Got home and realized they're mint. What kind of chocolate would best suit them? Dark or white? I've never eaten them before and have no idea what they taste like.

Also, has anyone ever crushed-up the ones with colored filling for pie crusts? I'm wondering if it would look odd. icon_confused.gif

7 replies
namaman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
namaman Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 4:57am
post #2 of 8

I would think they would be great with dark chocolate. It would make it like an Andes candy!!

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 11:30am
post #3 of 8

I agree with dark. The cookie part tastes very dark chocolately to me.

I've been flirting with the idea of dipping some of the mint Jo Jo's(from Trader Joes)with dark chocolate mint coating. It would be like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie on steroids!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Mar 2008 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 8

I have a recipe for Grasshopper pie that uses crushed mint oreos for the crust. I agree on dipping them in Dark choc.

Chefperl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chefperl Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 2:15am
post #5 of 8

I made these the other day. I dipped them in milk chocolate then drizzeled green candy melts on top. they were a big hit.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 17 Mar 2008 , 8:51am
post #6 of 8

Well. I didn't make it to the cake supply and all I have is dark. Dark it is! Thanks for all the responses. It does sound a little like any chocolate will do. icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I have a recipe for Grasshopper pie that uses crushed mint oreos for the crust. I agree on dipping them in Dark choc.

Was the crust an odd color from the green in the Oreo's filling?

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 18 Mar 2008 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 8

You'll love your accidental find. Tastes like a girl scout thin mint cookie. Everybody loves them -- I use double chocolate.

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 8

For V-day they ended up being my best seller. I used MAke n Mold Dark Mint Choc wafers or you can just add mint flavorint to your choc...ann its great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%