I Don't Know What To Do Re: Business Op Long

Business By MikeRowesHunny Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 11:25pm by dinas27

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:59am
post #31 of 33

Hi everyone!

Well, a small update. He rang me today, the first time since I wrote the original post. I'm ashamed to say that I chickened out of telling him to his face (yes, I'm a big wuss!), but I have just written him an email, including snippets from your posts, telling him that the supply is suspended until he pays me what he owes me (I've given him until 12th April), and that I'm saying no to the business proposition as it currently stands.

I suggested the following:

"It has been suggested by several people that a much fairer deal would be for me to run the shop 9-2 for free, help you out with your stock (scones, scotch eggs etc) when necessary (but not at the neglect of my own stock/orders), with free use of the kitchen as I needed it, and for me to pay a higher commission to you on my shop sales (10-15%?) to cover the extra utilities that I used. "

I'll let you know what he says, if anything! My biggest fear is that he gets all pissy-pants and turns me in to the HD to get back at me, I'm not saying he definitely would, but he certainly could icon_cry.gif !

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:44pm
post #32 of 33

I'm glad you at least stood up for yourself, even if it was in email. He certainly was not doing you any favors with that offer. I would hope he wouldn't turn you in. He kind of sounds like a user of people if you ask me with the offer he gave you and the way he treats his clients and business.

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:25pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

I'll let you know what he says, if anything! My biggest fear is that he gets all pissy-pants and turns me in to the HD to get back at me, I'm not saying he definitely would, but he certainly could icon_cry.gif !

I wouldn't be too worried about that. He is the one selling it in his licensed shop... he would probably get in as much or more trouble than you.

I hope everything turns out for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%