Need Ideas For Choc/white Anniversary Cake

Decorating By cherish99 Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 12:00am by Irish245

cherish99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherish99 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 10

icon_cry.gif HELP! My friends will be celebrating their 1st anniversary (I know its a long time icon_lol.gif ) He wants a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting she wants a white cake with white frosting. I would like them to be connected in some way to show unity. Any suggestions?? I would appreciate any help! Thanks!

9 replies
jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 10

could you do a small two tier? one tier of chocolate, one tier of white?

cherish99 Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 10

thanks, i will keep that in mind!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Jan 2007 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 10

yin-yang cake??

bake one each one layer chocolate and white.

cut shape into both.

stack choco parts and ice in chocolate ganache

stack white parts and ice in white chocolate ganache.

place touching on plate.

make disks of both kinds of chocolate and then place each on it's opposite color

cherish99 Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 10

That's quite unique! Thanks!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 10

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=half%20chocolate%20half%20vanilla&cat=0&pos=80&search=half%20chocolate%20half%20vanilla

here is a pretty cake that's half and half.....there is another one that I can't find...it's so pretty......it's a tiered cake and half is frosted white and half chocolate and they put roses right down the center.......very beautiful looking

okay........I've looked for what seems like an eternity....I can't find it.....maybe someone else will know the cake I'm referring too and happens to have it saved to their favorites or something.....I thought I had it but I don't and I can't figure out the key words to find it in the gallery!!1

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 10

You could also use KHalstead's idea and maybe use a heart pan. Or make two hearts and somehow connect them doing one in chocolate and one in white.
Bradymom

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 3:56pm
post #8 of 10

I had the same problem when my brother got married. I finally came up with a solution that really pleased both I don't know how to include a particular photo in the forum but both the smaller trial cake and the wedding cake are in my photos.

cherish99 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 11:50pm
post #9 of 10

HI! Big thanks to those of you who responded. You gave me inspiration!!I ended up making a double heart. I inlaid the chocolate heart into the white heart. Not my best, but I will get better.

Again, great big thanks!! I posted a picture of the cake on the gallery under "anniversary cakes."

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 12:00am
post #10 of 10

I did a wedding cake like that - all chocolate on one side - all white on the other - email if you want, for the pic

[email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%