How Do I Make These Flowers?

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 23 Feb 2008 , 2:48pm by Kahuna

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 11

You can get paper quilling books at the library which show you how to make different kinds of flowers. I haven't gotten a chance to try it, though I have always wanted to. Give it a shot and show us what you get!

10 replies
Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 11

Its definitely quilling. I have done the paper quilling before. The fondant should be much easier. The paper unravels the fondant will stay in shape just keep it on the table as your shaping it and as it dries and you shouldn't have a problem. Can't wait to see what you come up with. icon_smile.gif

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 11

Wow! Okay, now I don't have any choice but to give it a try!

These will have to dry completely before they go on a cake, right? So I'll have plenty of time to practice and get it right before I have to do the cake. I think I'll head to the library and see what I can find...

I'll keep you posted!

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:49am
post #4 of 11

Yes, there is a tool for fondant quilling. I just bought one from Global Sugar Art made by JEM. Here is the link (hopefully) http://globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18912

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:12am
post #5 of 11

[quote="lorrieg"] I have flying monkeys...don't make me use them!

Oh!!! I just love that...giggle... icon_lol.gif Can I borrow that sometimes for Certain email's... icon_twisted.gif

Thanks for the chuckle,
Pat

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:45am
post #6 of 11

of course you can use it Pat. I machine embroidered it onto a tshirt to wear when my siblings were here at Christmas. Very appropriate. LOL

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:03am
post #7 of 11

She explains how to do those flowers in her book, if you are not able to purchase the book maybe you can borrow it from the library.

1joanna1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1joanna1 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:14am
post #8 of 11

I wish someone would write a "how to" on these, they are soo cute.

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 11

Butterwench, which of Colette's books was this in? I have Colette's Wedding Cakes, and it's not in there...

rozdei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozdei Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 11

I'm going to butt in for a sec...there is a sugar quilling demo at the ICES Convention in July (in Orlando at Disney) on Thursday for those who are going and are interested.

icon_smile.gif

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 2:48pm
post #11 of 11

I think it's in cakes to dream on by collette. Man I want to go to Disney world, I'm soo jealous

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%