What To Do With Cake Scraps?

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 24 Feb 2008 , 1:55am by leily

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Feb 2008 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 5

I've used them for strawberry shortcake. icon_smile.gif

But I'm with Debi, 99% of mine get thrown away. My dad likes plain cake pieces with no icing, but I always forget to bring it to their house.

4 replies
cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 6:24am
post #2 of 5

I have made a dessert with pudding, cake scraps and whip cream. I just layer all of it. The only time I tried making cake ball they were way to soggy and i had sucky chocolate to coat them in.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 5

OMG - if we ate even half of the cake scraps that I had, all of my family would be 500lbs each, kids included! We are all so sick of cake and icing, I throw all of the extras out! It's funny because people always assume that we eat cake all the time, but we hardly touch it - I only make a cake for the family now for special occasions - I find that we appreciate it more that way!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Feb 2008 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade1687

....because people always assume that we eat cake all the time, but we hardly touch it -

Friends: "I bet you have cake at your house all the time!"
Debi: "Bet we don't." icon_confused.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Feb 2008 , 1:55am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade1687

....because people always assume that we eat cake all the time, but we hardly touch it -

Friends: "I bet you have cake at your house all the time!"
Debi: "Bet we don't." icon_confused.gif

So true! I get the same comments and when i tell them that I don't like cake with icing that i'd rather have PB cookies (or some other desert) they look at me like i'm crazy. I personally prefer a cake baked (or un baked, batter is always good too) with no icing on it, it is so much better that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%