Buttercream's Not White--Help!!!!!!!!

Decorating By daltonam Updated 30 Dec 2006 , 1:08pm by dodibug

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 3:28am
post #1 of 8

OKAY--the search engine here isn't working right for me & i really just don't have time to search--PLEASE HELP ME--I NEED WHITE BUTTERCREAM & it's off-white

is there anything i can do

7 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 3:30am
post #2 of 8

Try adding the tiniest bit of violet food coloring. It really does work.

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 3:33am
post #3 of 8

you can also use the Wilton Whitener.

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 3:37am
post #4 of 8

Yup, I also suggest adding the tiniest amount of violet gel coloring, it cancels out the yellow and turns the buttercream white!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 3:49am
post #5 of 8

Hey Girl! I just sent you a pm! Using the violet trick and the whitener (if you have it) will get you close enough. Don't stress too much about it. People have to realize that if they want snow white they have to go with (imho) yucky all shortening bc!

The cake will be beautiful and you will do a great job!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

dalechick12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalechick12 Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 4:51am
post #6 of 8

this is what i use and i get a bright white everytime. I use Sweetex shortning, white margarine, something i got fromt he bakery called snow white (it makes the frosting more fluffy), water and butter, almond, and clear vanilla flavorings and of course powdered sugar. Then after i mix everything together i use the americolor white to make it a little more brighter white.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 5:02am
post #7 of 8

this may be a little off...but how in the world does purple make yellow, WHITE?????????

so interesting. ...i get cake, not science. LOL

see how you end up needing math and science and reading etc...just to make a cake? i used to think that was hogwash when people would say things like that when i was a teen, now i get the point! icon_smile.gif

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 30 Dec 2006 , 1:08pm
post #8 of 8

Yellow and violet are on opposite sides of the color wheel so they cancel each other out making white! Or at least that's how I understand it! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%