Has anyone done a cruise ship yet?

Decorating By thecakegirl Updated 31 Aug 2005 , 6:00pm by thecakegirl

thecakegirl Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 12

I have to do my brother's rehearsal dinner cake. They love to take cruises and are going on a cruise for their honeymoon.
Has anyone ever attempted one? or seen one that they loved?
I did a search in the gallery but only came up with one, and its not what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Amy

11 replies
edencakes Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 12

found this: http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/cruiseship.htm

I'll keep my eyes open!

edencakes Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 12

Also, found a pan here (probably not what you're going for, though): http://www.chefgadget.com/Molds.asp

rachelj Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 12

I found one in the gallery too. Not sure if this is the one you found.
I will try to link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=41&pos=81

It is under Theme->3D->Seashells/Ocean - #82

oohlalacakes Posted 6 Aug 2005 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 12

Here's one, this guy's stuff is amazing. Good luck.

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/event.html

thecakegirl Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 1:32am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj

I found one in the gallery too. Not sure if this is the one you found.
I will try to link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=41&pos=81

It is under Theme->3D->Seashells/Ocean - #82




That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! I just PM'ed her to get the details...would love to have another view from the top.

Thanks all for your help!!
Amy

thecakegirl Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 1:34am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oohlalacakes

Here's one, this guy's stuff is amazing. Good luck.

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/event.html




That one is awesome....but I could never do that in a million years. That probably took days to do!
BTW, love your avatar...I'm a huge strawberry shortcake fan! So is my seven year old!

thecakegirl Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 12

I really want to the one on cakecentral.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=41&pos=81

I'm sure those are fondant flags on top, but do you think they are on regular cake box string or a long thin piece of fondant??

m0use Posted 7 Aug 2005 , 5:24pm
post #9 of 12

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10057/cruise%20ship.jpg this link is the static link for the picture of the cruise ship cake, just in case it gets moved in position

thecakegirl Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 3:54am
post #10 of 12

bumping to see if anyone can help with the design of this one. I've tried emailing the designer of this cake and she never replied...

thecakegirl Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 5:58pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakegirl

I really want to the one on cakecentral.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=41&pos=81

I'm sure those are fondant flags on top, but do you think they are on regular cake box string or a long thin piece of fondant??





Does anyone know how I might do those flags? With fishing wire maybe?

thecakegirl Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:00pm
post #12 of 12

whoops...look at mouse's link a few posts above to see the right picture.
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%