Cake Mix Question...

Decorating By bubbatx657 Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 1:38am by jescapades

bubbatx657 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubbatx657 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 5

I will be making a 14" square cake. I have only one pan and need to do two layers.

In everyones experience would you...

1) Make all of the mix at once? I have a 6 qt KA not sure this will be
possible given it is going to take quite a lot of ingredients.

2) Make two seperate batches.

Even though it is going to be a box mix couldn't they turn out different? That is what I am concered about.

CC'rs guidance needed..

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 5

I did a 14" square over the weekend. I have a 5.5 KA. I did one double-batch of WASC, poured it into my 8 qt mixing bowl, then made another double-batch of WASC. Poured that in with the first and mixed together. Dumped it all into the pan and backed for about 90 minutes. Worked like a charm.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatx657

Even though it is going to be a box mix couldn't they turn out different? That is what I am concered about.

I'm confused on what the concern is. icon_confused.gif

I use 3 mixes in a 14" square. I mix e mixes....pour in pan. Bake. Repeat for the 2nd pan.

You don't HAVE to mix all 6 mixes together at the same time, if that was your question.

thjoghild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thjoghild Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:19am
post #4 of 5

If they are the same brand of cake mix it shouldn't be a problem with them coming out different. And ok, I'm a little new here...what is WASC? and what is a KA? I probably should know these things, sorry!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 1:38am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thjoghild

If they are the same brand of cake mix it shouldn't be a problem with them coming out different. And ok, I'm a little new here...what is WASC? and what is a KA? I probably should know these things, sorry!

wasc is white almond sour cream cake. ka is a kitchen aid mixer. there should be a sticky ( http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926.html ) that has all of the meanings of the acronyms.

we've all started out somewhere, right? you can't learn if you don't ask questions! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%