New Shop For My Birthday

Business By 4them Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm by 4them

4them Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4them Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 7

I am getting my very own bake shop for my birthday, i should be happy but iam terrified icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif My husband doesn't know but i can't stop crying on the inside, because i am so scared. i took pastry classes, now i am questioning everything icon_redface.gif i just don't know where to turn i don't want to let anyone down especially my husband.

I have help, my pastors wife was a cake decorator for years and a lot of other willing hands, but if something goes wrong it's right back to me.
There are positives i have all my equipment--minus my sinks but other than that all is pretty good--i just don't know if my work will be good enough-- i know it will taste heavenly but it has to look like it taste.

the worse part is the building has never been a commercial kitchen before but the location is just to perfect to pass on--maybe am just panicky because this is our money no loan here our money icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Help me, are the butterflies normal? somebody help me icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

6 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 7

First off, Happy Birthday and congratulations!! I'm sure your shop will be fine. I think sitting down and writing down what needs to be done is therapeutic. This will calm your nerves once you see what needs to be done. Plan ahead and accordingly.

With regards to your work looking good, that shouldn't be a problem. I looked at your cakes and they are great!! So sit down, relax and enjoy this joyous event!!

4them Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for responding to my post with everybody looking and no one responding i really started to feel like c**p. it's a very bittersweet situation.

Thanks

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Happy birthday to you! I have too seen your cakes, a little bit of panic is not a bad thing, as long as it is only a little!!!! you will be fine as long as you keep hopping on here to CC and getting our support! Good luck. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

4them Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks mommicakes

I am not a nervous person by nature, but for the life of me i can't shake these butterflies- i guess it's just time to put up or shut up.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 7

If you weren't a little bit scared and nervous, THEN I'd be worried about you. Going into business, any business, is a risk, and if you aren't smart enough to be a little worried and concerned, then you aren't smart enough to be in business.

It's this little bit of fear that will drive you to work hard and be successful. If you were over confident and arrogant about it, you'd probably not work as hard, as you would be one of those people who thought running a business was easy and the money just started to magically roll in someday.

But those of us who carry a little nervousness know we are nervous because if we dont' work hard to deliver a great and consistent product, we may fail. And we have no intention of doing that. And thus we go into high gear and git-r-dun!!

Being a little scared and nervous is a GOOD thing! thumbs_up.gif

Now get it out of your system, recognize that you are NORMAL, and bust your butt to show 'em how it's done! thumbs_up.gif

4them Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm
post #7 of 7

spoken like a pro Indydebi icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%