Second Child -- So Scared

Lounge By JillK Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 3:05am by randel

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

I just found out I'm expecting our second child next June/July. (Doctor confirmed -- DH and I were kinda trying, but who knew it would happen instantly! Our first took five months.)

I'm happy, nervous ... and scared to death. I had a perfect pregnancy with my first, who will turn 3 Saturday, until my midterm sonogram showed a heart defect. The rest of the pregnancy was stress, stress, stress ... constant sonograms to check on him, etc., genetic tests that MIGHT have shown a deadly trait ... (that particular week was the worst of my life.) And horror story after horror story ...

My DS was born at 9 lbs when they said he'd be puny, and had absolutely successful heart surgery at 5 months to fix the issue. He has a developmental disability, too, but it's so much better than it could have been and I would change NOTHING about him ... he's the light of my life. icon_razz.gif

My doctor tells me there's absolutely no reason I can't have a perfectly healthly child with none of these issues ... but I think of those months of stress and shudder inside. I know that's not good for this baby, either! My DH is the sort who NEVER worries, so it's hard to talk to him about it. (People like that are so frustrating to us worriers. icon_rolleyes.gif )

Has anyone out there been through anything like this? It would help to know that.

4 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

I don't have any experience with this, but I just wanted to say that it's pretty normal to be scared when you're pregnant with your second. I know I was. Just hang in there and be healthy-that's all you can do. The rest is out of your hands.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 5

Congrats on the pregnancy! This may be a scary time but also exciting!
One thing I've learned with each of my pregnancies is that they are all different. I miscarried with my first pregnancy and have had 4 healthy children since then. (one normal pregnancy and 3 that there were issues with--but all turned out well since they are here and happy) I know every pregnancy can be scary especially after what you have already been through but just take this as the blessing it is and try not to worry to much. Worrying about it won't change anything anyways but just rattle your nerves. God bless you and your new growing family.

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 5

That's one of the amazing things about our bodies and pregnancy. Each one is different. It's a new start. I know it's hard not to worry, knowing what you know now. Use that to your advantage. You are more educated and more prepared for anything now. You know you are strong enough to handle it. You know you will get a blessing no matter what!

randel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randel Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 3:05am
post #5 of 5

I really understand where your coming from, I don't think I really started to bond with this child until I after I had the 20week scan. Once they had check everything was alright and fine. Relax as much as you can, and think positive thoughts!! If you want to PM me feel free.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%