Pumpkin Mousse?

Decorating By erinalicia Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 8:47am by FrostinGal

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 9

Last night at walmart I found a package of Jello pumpkin spice pudding mix. I'm wanting to make a simple mousse using it for the filling in a spice cake. I've made a mousse before using the jello and cool-whip. My question is do I need to decrease the amount of milk in the jello to make it thick/firm enough for a filling? Or alternately, can I just add the pudding mix directly to the coolwhip? I just don't want filling to ooze out of the cake. Thanks!

8 replies
jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 9

I have made this a couple of times and love it! On the side of the Jello box is the recipe for the pumpkin mousse. I think you use a cup of milk. It is soooooo yummy!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 9

If you want you can just mix rich's better cream with your jello pudding or heavy whipping cream and get a delicious mousse that is thick and luscious.

erinalicia Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:06am
post #4 of 9

I asked this in another thread but haven't gotten a reply yet... Where can I find the Rich's Bettercream? I looked in Walmart last night but didn't see it in the obvious places. I ended up just getting the extra creamy CoolWhip. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the tips!

~Erin

2sdae Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 9:46am
post #5 of 9

There are a couple of places but they are online places.
Here is an example
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/icings.htm

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 10:11am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

I asked this in another thread but haven't gotten a reply yet... Where can I find the Rich's Bettercream? I looked in Walmart last night but didn't see it in the obvious places. I ended up just getting the extra creamy CoolWhip. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the tips!

~Erin

At one time Sam's sold it but I haven't seen it there in a while. You might try asking them if they carry it anymore or could get it. I usually think to ask them about the time I have halfway home from there. icon_lol.gif

Diane

2sdae Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:02pm
post #7 of 9

I dont necessarily recommend sugar craft, have heard a lot of people complaining about them and their service and policies on returns and back orders.
Our sams doesn't sell it and wont even sell their butter cream. But google search it and you'll find rich's web site and others that carry it too.

erinalicia Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks, I'll look for it. Hopefully I can find it somewhere locally.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 8:47am
post #9 of 9

For instant pudding mousse, I whip 1 cup of whipping cream to stiff peaks. Mix another cup of whipping cream with one small box of instant pudding, just until thoroughly incorporated.
Then I fold the pudding into the whipped cream before it sets. It is perfect for filling cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%