Need A Meal Idea....

Lounge By Shelle_75 Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 2:01am by Shelle_75

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 6

For Halloween night. I need something (kid-friendly) that I can keep warm for us to have when we come home from trick or treat. My sis and her family will be coming back to our house for dinner. My kids don't like sloppy joes (or any slopped up sandwich) so that's out. I thought about spaghetti, can you keep that warm in a crock pot without it getting ruined? Dessert, of course, will be a barfing pumpkin cake.

Thanks for your ideas!

5 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 6

Ok....what about appetizer meatballs????

Little smokies
crudette

finger foods basically icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 6

forgot some...homemade chicken noodle soup in the good ole crockpot...

chili

lazy lasagna in the crockpot

goulllllash icon_biggrin.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 6

I have not mixed the noodles into the sauce before, but I have kept the sauce in a crockpot for a few hours before. I just have my pot with water in it ready so it gets turned on right away and it doesn't take long to boil the noodles. I also have my french loaf ready so all I have to do is pop it in the oven.

You can have dinner ready by the time everyone gets settled down and everything sorted out (we all know they will be digging through their bags right away)

wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 6

If you add some really good beef stock (kitchen basics in the soup isle, very dark excellant quality stock) to the spaghetti and noodles it won't get ruined icon_smile.gif

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:01am
post #6 of 6

Thanks all!

I think I will try keeping my sauce in the crock pot and setting the water to boiling for the noodles right when we get home. That's a great idea, thanks!

Next year I'll have to try the GHOULLLLLLLLLLLLASH!!
icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%