Motorola Razr Owners Do You Have Problems?

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 3:05pm by kettlevalleygirl

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 23

I upgraded for the first time in years on Sept the 9th of this year. From a LG to a motorola razer in pink (I have wanted one for EVA!!). Anyways after I got my razer phone home it started acting bizzare (sp) ....dialing itself....singing the moto song etc etc...you get the pic...not acting right (happened right after I went to confession icon_eek.gif talk about spooky)..anyways I jump through all the hoops and find out this was the old version...well I had to order a new one through the company so.....I got the new one just a couple of weeks ago. No problems till a week ago. The keypad light went out!!!!! icon_mad.gif .....you can't drive and see the dark keypad or in a dark room or what have you....I called the 1 800 number and they sent me another...came today. Guess what?????? YEP something is wrong with this one also. Won't let me dial certain numbers!!!! thumbsdown.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif So wouldn't you all think I should be able to get something different????? I am calling and telling them they can have this razor back that I want a different brand phone icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif ...this really sucks (excuse me)

Have any of you had any problems with yours?

Thanks

Christi Oh yeah...any advice?

22 replies
kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 23

I bought a Krzr and in two weeks the audio went....I was driving to deliver a cake, it wasn't as secure as I had hoped, so I took it right to the restaurant...meanwhile, trying to phone and let the people know where the cake was....nearly out of gas.... icon_cry.gif Dropped off the cake..then went to the phone dealership, and they did not even question anything, had to give me a loaner and ordered another one...
I am wondering if this is common?? thumbsdown.gif
But since I am pretty shallow, when it comes to pretty things, I still love it because it is blue. icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 23

You know Valley Girl come to think of it my audio on my first one also was going out!!! icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

I have to give this phone a great big 0 for reliability...I wish I still had my LG!!!!!!!! I LOVED the pink of the phone but darnit I need a reliable phone icon_sad.gif

tattooedlucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tattooedlucy Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 23

I just bought the new light pink V3M from Verizon, and I have not had any problems with it. I get service anywhere, (even in the walk in freezer at work I can text!) and no dropped calls or haunting moto songs. No problems dialing either.. not even self dialing.

My husband has a silver v3m, and his battery got a bit jarred somehow.. and it took a few minutes to figure out what was wrong. Thought it was broken, but the battery just needed to be adjusted.

LOVE the pink phone. It matches my kitchen.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 23

i have the razr v3xx and i love it. have not had any problems with it at all. i think you are to magnetic and the phones cant take it lol im just kidding!!!!

wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 23

LMAO probably Susan!!! BTW LOVEEEEE your avatar LOL

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 23

I have the krzr and it's been acting up. I am not able to load songs on it for some reason (even after I spent $50 on the music kit) so I called verizon -- spent about an hour on the phone with the guy who tried to figure out what was wrong "I'm sorry but under the conditions and not being able to actually see the phone myself there is nothing I can do" UGHHHHH!! And now it's being really weird. It gets confused of whether it's opened or closed. It always thinks it's open. It says verizon upside down when it's supposed to say the time on the outside screen. Occasionally it thinks it's closed when it's open but that only lasts for a second. Just long enough to hang up on someone. Or erase my text I have been working on for a while. Yeah, I definately gotta take it to verizon, but I just don't ever get around to it.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:39am
post #8 of 23

My husband and dad both have razrs and they both have been without problems. We had to replace my husband's battery the other day but other than that, nothing bad. I also have a krazr and love it. I also love the color (dark red!). It matches half my shirts and my jacket icon_wink.gif

wgoat5 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:42am
post #9 of 23

I'm sorry but for the money I am definately sending it back till they get it right. That's wrong with companies now...they think they can just replace with refurb stuff..and I am sure these are refurbs, or they would be doing fine....oh well I will keep on At &t till they honor the contract !

sgilmer Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:47am
post #10 of 23

Oh mine was free .. I guess I shouldn't complain. It was crazy .. the verizon guy at circuit city said they are having free razrs today, and the other guy said that we could have any phone under 200 for free and we were like daaaang. I got a krzr, my dad got one of them that you can use like a regular flip phone, or flip it the other way and have a full key pad, my boyfriend got a nothing-special-but-works-really-well phone, and my sister got a pink chocolate and traded it for a pink razr a week later. All FREE. we just got lucky.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:01am
post #11 of 23

I hate mine! My center menu button has fallen off, the green and red buttons no longer have the "platic coating". I also find that it's too wide for my hand. I've had it since the pink Verizon version came available and am now wishing I'd have looked for a better fitting phone for my needs. I'm getting for a BlackBerry at renewal in April. I just haaaadd to have it. Everythig I own is pink.

Elle

wgoat5 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 11:03am
post #12 of 23

Elle, I hate that you had problems with yours.....But I'm glad I'm seeing that maybe I'm not the only one! This is just ridiculus!!! I think I will be writing the company on this one !

Christi

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:50pm
post #13 of 23

My DH has one and has already traded it in 2 times. Screen died on the first one, and the audio went out on the second. Now this one is only 2 months old and the stupid thing keeps changing itself to vibrate. Either one of us can set it to ring and it works fine for first call. Set it down..Don't touch it..Next call it vibrates only!

Who knows, but I'm glad I stuck with my old LG.

dueter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dueter Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 8:50pm
post #14 of 23

My DH has one and has already traded it in 2 times. Screen died on the first one, and the audio went out on the second. Now this one is only 2 months old and the stupid thing keeps changing itself to vibrate. Either one of us can set it to ring and it works fine for first call. Set it down..Don't touch it..Next call it vibrates only!

Who knows, but I'm glad I stuck with my old LG.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 1:56am
post #15 of 23

I had an LG also dueter! My DH took it over ...and I got this pink monster!!!

I called At & T they are treating me like I am crazy.....I almost all but demanded a different upgrade...they are supposed to get back to me icon_sad.gif (Yeah right)

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:08am
post #16 of 23

I have the dark red razr and i got the black one for my BF. I have had to get him 2 new ones so far since valentines day! icon_confused.gif his screen died one day.... still rang and could still call out but the screen was just black... second one, the audio went out. I later found out that he spilled beer on it, and was afraid to tell me. icon_mad.gif Mine isnt as big of a problem, but every time i plug it in to charge it says 'insert sim'..... i have to take out the battery and turn it on and back off and then back on a few times before it comes back to life... so i only charge it like once a week... tapedshut.gif and i also find that it is way to big for my hand. thumbsdown.gif

BUT, i have always had problems with my phones. i have a shoebox 'grave' of all the phones i've had in the past 6yrs.... between my bf & i, it's FULL. There is every brand you can think of in there.... but by far the most awful deaths were that of the motorolas. except the one nokia that was posessed...(scren blinked on & off spontaneously, colors were like a negative image of what they should have been, and everything on the screen was upside down AND in reverse image.)

With all the $$$ i have spent on replacing phones so many times, i could have bought a brand new car or put a down payment on a house. (a big house) icon_cry.gif

wgoat5 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:16am
post #17 of 23

Oh Nikki I feel your pain!!!! My first one acted possessed...It would just up and sing the MOTO song (YUCK) A LOT!!!!!!! The screen died...everything died on it...but I didn't get mine wet...come to find out they can tell if it gets wet....by the sim card is a little dot...if it has turned a shade of red or pink, it has been wet!!! Mine is still white....all of them have been white. I am not budging on wanting a different phone. I just want a basic phone that is reliable!!! My LG was awesome, I NEVER had a problem with it and it had been wet and dropped a few times.

They did ask me if I left the phone on long period of times....I said YES...it's my business phone !!! DUH why NOT leave the phone on????? That's why we have it so we can leave it on in the car or where ever so we can use it!!! I guess when we get a cell phone we should just keep it on in 5 minute intervals!! icon_sad.gif

sgilmer Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:58am
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I had an LG also dueter! My DH took it over ...and I got this pink monster!!!

I called At & T they are treating me like I am crazy.....I almost all but demanded a different upgrade...they are supposed to get back to me icon_sad.gif (Yeah right)

If they have the same workers as they did when they were cingular .. that's just what they do. I had some kind of motorola before the razrs and such came out, and I had to get a new one SEVEN TIMES because none of them got signal and the last one still wasn't great. Finally, I had to jump in the pool to rescue my dog (the phone was in my pocket) and the phone drowned. I went back to my old huge nokia bar phone which I called dinosaur it was so old and big, and I never complained about it.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:04am
post #19 of 23

Shaina I actually like the bar phones better believe it or not....no opening and closing all the time icon_sad.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:00am
post #20 of 23

I have the v3r phone (red one) and really haven't had any problems with it. I've dropped it a couple of times so it has a line through the front lcd screen. Other than that no problems. I've had it for almost a year now. My mother has the pink one and has never had a problem with it either. You may want to check and make sure they aren't giving you a refubished phone. From what I've heard they have a habit of doing that. HTH.

wgoat5 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 5:06am
post #21 of 23

Thank you icon_smile.gif I thought they did...and I'm gonna check...cause the cost wasn't for a refurb!!! GRRR

sgilmer Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:41pm
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Shaina I actually like the bar phones better believe it or not....no opening and closing all the time icon_sad.gif

It doesn't matter to me if the phone is bar or flip. I just meant the thing was HUGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness_221

You may want to check and make sure they aren't giving you a refubished phone. From what I've heard they have a habit of doing that.

My dad and sister upgraded one time with cingular and neither of their phones worked right, so they took them back. When the guy put them back in the boxes, he put them with the rest of the phones they were going to sell. Even though they didn't work right.

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 3:05pm
post #23 of 23

When I traded mine in they took the original box, books and stuff, they said they will fix it and resell it. Great!! To some unsuspecting person. icon_cry.gif
Bad Rogers icon_evil.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%