Any Long Island, Ny Bakers Out There??

Decorating By kaytdid516 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 9:14am by playingwithsugar

kaytdid516 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaytdid516 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter is very big into dancing and is starting to compete nationally this year. I wanted to surprise her with a cake in the shape of a tap shoe.

Are there any local bakers out there that would be able to do this sort of cake covered in Marshmellow fondant over buttercream? icon_biggrin.gif

I would love to hear back from any/all that would be able to take on this project, thanks! thumbs_up.gif

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Kathy

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:36am
post #2 of 7

Just out of curiosity, if you are in Long Island, and a member here on Cake Central, why aren't you doing this cake yourself?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kaytdid516 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:18am
post #3 of 7

Edited: Duplicate post!

kaytdid516 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:20am
post #4 of 7

Edited: Duplicate Post (again)

kaytdid516 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:20am
post #5 of 7

While I enjoy baking and such, I am a very, very beginner when it comes to cake decorating. That is why I am not making it myself. I enjoy coming to this website to get great recipies and look at all your beuatiful pictures. I didn't realize that there were rules for being a member or posting on this website. I will now think twice before doing it again. Sorry!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 8:11am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytdid516

While I enjoy baking and such, I am a very, very beginner when it comes to cake decorating. That is why I am not making it myself. I enjoy coming to this website to get great recipies and look at all your beuatiful pictures. I didn't realize that there were rules for being a member or posting on this website. I will now think twice before doing it again. Sorry!

While there are some rules to being a member here, I think Playing with Sugar was asking out of sheer curiosity thumbs_up.gif .....that's the impression I got, anyway.
So, how far out are you on the island & when do you need the cake for?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 9:14am
post #7 of 7

Yes, I was asking out of curiosity. I could not understand why someone who was a member of a cake decorating forum would be asking someone to do a cake for them when they live in the same area.

Oh, well, too bad you took it the wrong way.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%