in grade school we had the best chocolate cookie , it was crispy on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. anyone have a good recipe ??
This is the best recipe I've ever found.
Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
(3) 1 cup salted butter, softened
(6) 2 eggs
(1 1/2) 1/2 cup granulated sugar
(4 1/2) 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
(7 1/2) 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(7 1/2) 2 1/2 cups flour
(1 1/2) 1/2 tsp baking soda
(1 1/2) 1/2 tsp baking powder
(1 1/2) 1/2 tsp salt
(7 1/2) 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips (approx)
1. Combine butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in one bowl. Mix
by hand (or with an electric mixer) until fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Once wet mixture is fluffy, add dry ingredients gradually. It's easier
to do this by hand, otherwise the dough gets stuck in the beaters, and
flour goes everywhere.
4. Add chocolate chips as you see fit (I don't measure. I just dump them
in.) Mix with wooden spoon.
5. Roll into golf-ball sized balls and place on cookie sheet, approx 2
6. Bake at 350F for approx 10 mins, until golden brown. Remove from oven
and set on cooling rack right away, let cool.