Topsy Turvey Cake

Decorating By Woole2 Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 11:05pm by onegr8girl

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 5

How do I make a Topsy Turvey cake If I dont have the odd number pans as it shows in the tutorial? Plus I didnt want to make it that big. TIA

edited to add: I only have the basic cake pans 6 8 10 and 12. also when you go to stack them are all the legs at different levels.

4 replies
briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 5

You can use whatever sizes work for you. As long as they are about 2-3 inches difference for each tier. Just carve them down toward the bottom, and it will look just a great!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 5

grrr I had a long post typed up and it didn't post... so long story short...

Look in my photos at my small topsy turvy cake.

Top tier (from top to bottom) 7-7-6
Bottom Tier (from top to bottom) 8-8-7

I carved as needed

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

grrr I had a long post typed up and it didn't post... so long story short...

Look in my photos at my small topsy turvy cake.

Top tier (from top to bottom) 7-7-6
Bottom Tier (from top to bottom) 8-8-7

I carved as needed

Sorry about the long post not posting. did you do it just like the tutorial on here or do you have you own way? Im just nervous about making this since I havent made one yet. Where did you get/find a 7 inch cake pan?

onegr8girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onegr8girl Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 5

How many people do you want the cake to serve? I made one and had a lot of success compared to a lot of people who seem to hate doing there topsy turvy cakes. I followed the instructions exactly, but now that I've done it I feel like I could do it at any size. If you just want to do a 2 tier, I would bake 1 6", 3 8" and 2 10" round. then I would stack the 10" on top of one of the 8" and then carve it down for an even taper down to the bottom. For the top layer I would put two of the 8" on top of the 6" and taper that down. PM me if you want more detailed instructions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%