How Many Servings For Guitar Pan?

Decorating By Chuff

Chuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chuff Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #1 of 1

I have been asked to make 2 hot pink guitar cakes for a Hannah Montana party for twin girls (mom wants each to have thier own cake). She said there would be about 40 people at the party. Will the 2 cakes be enough? I just ordered the pan yesterday, so I've never seen it up close. The mother is willing to pay for the pan + shipping and I get to keep the pan....I just want to make sure there will be enough cake for 40 people. I saw a couple of pictures here on CC where they did a guitar cake and then did some cupcakes with musical symbols on them. Maybe I will need to do that. I just don't know what price to give her until I know what all I'll have to make. If anyone can tell me the servings for this pan it will help me alot!

BTW...I did read the pan instructions on the Wilton website and it said 12 servings BUT, it said 1 cake mix. I always overfill my pans, knowing they will overflow while baking, and just put a drip pan on the bottom shelf. Then I take a long searated knife and trim the cake right accross the top of the pan once it's cooled. I use more cake mix than what the pan calls for so I usually get more servings. That way my cakes are always a perfect 2" tall. Does anyone else do this? I am HOPING to get 20 servings per cake, but even filled to the brim I'm worried I won't get that much with this pan. Any advice will be helpful! Thanks!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%