Anniversary Cake Pricing ??

Decorating By shelbycompany Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm by indydebi

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so my SIL called me yesterday and her MIL needs a 65th anniversary cake. She doesn't want anything too fancy just a pretty cake. I was thinking a tiered cake with some roses or flowers on the top with piping on the sides of the tiers. I live in South Carolina if that helps with the pricing. I can work with fondant better than buttercream so that is not really a price issue to me.

Oh, and this cake will feed about 100 people.

Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

2 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 3

Is this your first sold cake?

It took me a long time to figure out my pricing, but I followed the crowd on this one and charge per serving. I'm in Kansas City, Missouri and charge $1.25 for bettercreme and $2.00 for fondant (which I know is cheap on this board, but it's the average price for the market I work in.) Depending on the extra details, I'll add more $$ to the price. So for this, I would charge $125. Although, I think I may increase my prices next year - depending on how busy goes.

HTH

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 3

Charging per person/slice/serving (whatever you want to call it) is pretty much the industry standard. You need to pick a price that fits with what you want to make and what fits in with your area.

Just for reference, my price went up to $3/serving (and I do BC only) on 9-1-07, due to the severe rising of prices of eggs and other ingredients.

below is the Wilton chart, which I use to determine pricing, to give you an idea of how many servings you can get from a cake.

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/cakeinfo/cakedata.cfm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%