1975 Wilton Yearbook?

Decorating By doughdough Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm by shooterstrigger

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know if this yearbook actually exists?? I have the entire Wilton yearbook collection EXCEPT 1975. I have been searching everywhere and have never layed eyes on one single copy!

Thanks in advance for indulging me on my obsession...I don't really care for Wilton's fondant & ready made frostings, but the yearbooks have so many good idea!

2 replies
flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 3

I Did a "completed listings only" search on E-bay and 1 came up - so there is at least 1 out there! Good luck, mine only go back to 1980 or I'd give you mine!

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 3

I found this in a Wilton forum:

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:16 AM

Well, I guess first we'd have to decide "what is a yearbook?" The first Wilton publication with "yearbook" in its title is the 1972 "Cake and Food Decorating Year Book" by Wilton, with a cover showing a 3 tier heart cake, a little house cake on a pedestal cake stand, a large round 3-tier cake, and a couple of doll cakes.

There was no new yearbook-type publication for 1973.

In 1974 and 1975 Wilton published another yearbook and updated it several times without changing the cover. Most of the content is the same in these various editions, but some items were pulled and others added in later versions. And the prices went up. I own 3 different versions of this "1974" yearbook. You cannot tell that they are different by the covers -- you have to look inside. There is no specific "1975" yearbook.

In 1976 Wilton starting issuing 1 yearbook per year, with no changes during the year.

So I'd say the only actual yearbook from the 70s you are missing is 1977, unless you want several different versions of the 1974 book. (No one knows how many different versions there were, by the way.)

Is your "Magic for your table" book a yearbook? Well, Wilton apparently decided to consider it one. The 1995 Yearbook is the "twenty-fifth" anniversay edition. Personally, I think if this is considered a yearbook then some others from the 60s could just as easily qualify for that designation. It's your collection. You decide. Maybe you'll wind up like me, with all of the books with "Yearbook" in their titles, and this one, and all the publications from the 60s that are similar in format to yearbooks.

There is no separate 1971 yearbook-like publication, with or without "yearbook" in its title.

Happy hunting,
Jeanne Gibbs
The Cake Pan Lady

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%